Online marketplace disrupting the multi-billion dollar retail floral industry
Sales Development Representative (Full-Time)$45k – $80k • 0.0% – 0.01%
The Promenade sales team is scaling rapidly! We are looking for competitive, coachable, and incredibly tenacious individuals who are not only seeking a career in sales, but who can bring unique value to our growing team.
Every SDR hired at Promenade is truly an Account Executive in training. We only promote from within, so every team member that joins starts preparing for the next step from day one.
You will learn how to prospect, cold call, and establish the value of our platform. You’ll start working cold leads both from campaigns generated by our marketing department and from generating leads yourself. As you demonstrate mastery of these basic sales skills, you'll have the opportunity to manage your own book of business as an Account Executive while still continuing to develop new skills and learn along the way.
Top performing SDRs are promoted to Jr. AE roles and closing accounts within their first 6 months, eligible for a full-blown Account Executive role by the end of their first year!
While we are currently in a remote work environment, the SDRs we bring on now will be expected to report to our Santa Monica office once we resume in person.
More specifically, you will be:
- Participating in our training program to get you up to speed on the industry, our product, sales cycle, and direct competitors
- Developing cold calling stamina and becoming a hunter; prospecting key decision makers and leads
- Excelling in full life-cycle SMB and SaaS-selling techniques
- Becoming an industry expert across several verticals, starting with the floral industry.
- Maintaining active engagement with leads until they are qualified for demos
- Partnering with our experienced Account Executives to help fill sales pipelines
- Crushing monthly quotas and exceeding expectations
- Conducting weekly one-on-one sessions with your Sales Manager to receive direct coaching and insight
- Holding you and your team accountable as we strive to revolutionize an industry
- Partner with marketing to build creative outreach campaigns - you can reap the benefits of your own ideas!
What's in it for you:
- Plenty of room for growth. We ONLY promote from within!
- Equity/Stock options in a profitable and rapidly growing company
- Great Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- Generous PTO and Sick-Time Policy. Use it - sales is a mental sport and you need to recharge!
- Transportation coverage in the form of parking, ride-share, or metro credit
- Fully stocked snack bar & weekly catered lunches
- Company provided gear & swag (MacBook Pro, t-shirt, sunglasses, etc.)
- Ability to mold your career and make an immediate impact to the company
- Work in a fast-paced, fun environment with an eclectic group of people from all over the world
You will excel if you are:
- A quick problem-solver with an ability to think on your toes
- Inquisitive by nature
- Tech-savvy with a knack for explaining technology to others
- A strong communicator with uncanny organizational and time management skills (efficiency is key)
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and “do what it takes” startup culture
- Eager to learn and the definition of "coachable"
- Great at building rapport and establishing relationships
- Hungry and possess a high need for a competition and achievement
- Sales experience is always a plus but certainly not required. It’s the right drive and mentality that counts!
More about us!
Promenade focuses on crafting tailored solutions for individual business sectors to help businesses grow and thrive online. Whether for a local flower shop or a pizzeria, Promenade uses cutting edge technology to bring businesses directly to people’s phones, tablets, and computer screens. Promenade, originally known as BloomNation, set out in 2011 to create the nation’s premier network for local florists to list, display, and send their unique, handcrafted bouquets to customers across the country. BloomNation’s online marketplace went on to disrupt the multi-billion dollar retail floral industry and dramatically changed the way flowers are bought and sent online. Promenade leverages this experience and expertise to help local businesses in other industry verticals thrive online.r
Backed by premier industry investors such as Andreessen Horowitz (AirBnB, Box, Facebook, Lyft, Twitter, etc.), Spark Capital (Tumblr, Upworthy, Warby Parker, etc.), and Crunch Fund (Square, Uber, etc.)
Named one of Entrepreneur’s “5 Sizzling Silicon Beach Startups to Watch”
Located one block away from the beach on the world famous 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica
Why join Promenade?
We are still early enough that equity matters... a lot… Promenade has become a hub for Silicon Beach's top talent and we are in the process of scaling our still small (~50 person) team to it’s full potential. Come join us if you are an entrepreneur at heart and want to be a leader in your area of expertise.
If you are passionate, eager, and ready to learn, you will thrive her
Health, Dental, and Vision
Promenade Group at a glance
Promenade Group focuses on SaaS, E-Commerce, Retail, Small and Medium Businesses, and Flowers. Their company has offices in Los Angeles and Santa Monica. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Promenade Group has raised $7.2M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2014.