Building the next generation of telecommunications technologies for autonomous aerial vehicles
5G Software Engineer
About the Job
As a senior member of our Research and Development Team, you will take part in Soar’s engineering efforts in developing state-of-the-art wireless communication systems and work to implement 5G, 4G, WLAN and other technologies for autonomous aerial operations. You will be actively contributing by designing, implementing, testing and deploying embedded software on hardware targets with RISC architecture and system level software for the aforementioned wireless technologies. You will work closely with our systems engineers to develop a novel architecture that utilizes coming 5G-NR modem RFICs and other wireless hardware for the implementation of firmware and software that meets the system requirements of 3GPP for LTE and 5G.
- Extensive knowledge in hardware abstraction layers, operating systems, middleware, device drivers and embedded systems
- Excellent command in UNIX/Linux/Win platforms
- Working knowledge of digital signal processing, radio theory, information theory, coding theory, adaptive filtering, signal detection and estimation
- A solid background in building mission critical communications, IoE, V2X communications and mobile broadband systems software and firmware
- Strong understanding of 3GPP specifications including the current and future releases
- Strong command in both high-level systems view and low-level detail view of complex wireless systems
- Strong ability to conduct research and working with open source communities in emerging wireless and autonomous technologies
- Highly collaborative, experience in working with Agile teams having delivered multiple successful product releases and/or deployments.
- Ability and availability to work based on tasks, deadlines and due dates and overtime when necessary
- BS, MSc or PhD in Electrical and Electronics Engineering or in a related technical discipline
- 5+ years of industry/academic experience on related areas
- An ideal candidate has a wireless communications or a digital signal processing background, a passion for building real-world carrier-grade communication systems and industry experience developing PHY/MAC layer software in C/C++.
Nice to Have
- Contributions in open source software or hardware in telecommunications, robotics and other related areas
- Experience in building and deploying complex and working systems, preferably for unmanned aerial vehicles or mobile robotics.
- Knowledge of Massive MIMO systems in 5G RAN
In Return We Offer
- Competitive salary and vested stock options
- Employee compensation
- Flexible working hours and vacation periods
- Happy hours
Soar Robotics is a new venture-backed startup headquartered in Los Angeles with offices in Istanbul and Europe. We are hard at work to make autonomous aerial operations ubiquitous for industrial and urban landscape and tackle some of the hardest engineering challenges of our century.
Please fill out the form below
Soar Robotics at a glance
Soar Robotics focuses on Cloud Computing, Robotics, Communications Infrastructure, Drones, and Urban Mobility. Their company has offices in Los Angeles and Istanbul. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees. To date, Soar Robotics has raised $1M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2020.