Segment is the best infrastructure for your customer data
Outbound Sales Development Representative
At Segment, we believe companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss. Unfortunately, most product managers, analysts, and marketers spend too much time searching for the data they need, while engineers are stuck integrating the tools they want to use. Segment standardizes and streamlines data infrastructure with a single platform that collects, unifies, and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch. That way, our customers can focus on building amazing products and personalized messages for their customers, letting us take care of the complexities of processing their customer data reliably at scale. We’re in the running to power the entire customer data ecosystem, and we need the best people to take the market.
We’re in hyper-growth stage at Segment and looking to hire world-class Outbound Sales Development Representatives who can (1) help us build and scale the Outbound engine at Segment as a key driver of revenue, and (2) develop an incredibly successful long-term career at Segment in Sales, Success, Operations and/or management.
For the right person that can bring passion, drive, and innovation to a fast growing market, this position offers the unique opportunity to have a dramatic impact on the success of Segment, and build the pipeline needed to allow Segment to become the next Salesforce.
What you’ll do:
* Identify high potential companies who can benefit from Segment’s solution
* Partner closely with experienced Mid-Market and Enterprise Account Executives to ideate and execute on effective prospecting strategies to generate Sales Accepted Opportunities
* Develop, test and iterate messaging across multiple industries and personas
* Codify and contribute learnings and best practices to the Outbound process and team members
* Use a data driven approach to identify success and focus on optimizing conversion rates which will move the needle
You’re a great fit if you…
* You have 3+ years of work experience; Inbound or Outbound SDR experience at a technology company is a big plus
* You have consistently been a top performer in prior roles
* You have experience working with a technical product or possess the aptitude to quickly learn this
* You are a self starter with the hunger to be great
* You thrive in ambiguity and are able to create process from chaos
You’d also be a great fit if these statements resonate with you:
* I want to run a sprint, take a drink of water, then go back and do it again, but faster this time
* I am a team player with a strong sense of ownership and a “get things done” attitude
* I thrive in ambiguity and am able to create process from chaos
This role requires being full-time in San Francisco.
As a proud equal opportunity employer, we're committed to hiring top talent regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We don't just accept difference - we celebrate you being who you are for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community.
Including 401k, medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance.
We offer a generous leave policy for both birthing and non-birthing parents, and cutting edge support to help make being a parent easier!
Our healthy, catered lunches and dinners are delicious and cover every type of diet.
We provide a $100/month stipend that you can spend on anything wellness related.
We want to take the stress out of commuting and make your life easier instead.
We want to support your curiosity and growth; everyone can take advantage of an annual L&D stipend.
We help cover the costs of moving to bring great talent to our team.
We offer a choice of work settings suitable for your variety of day-to-day tasks and work activities.
Segment at a glance
Segment focuses on Cloud Computing, Analytics, Infrastructure, Big Data, and Developer APIs. Their company has offices in San Francisco, New York, Denver, Vancouver, and Sydney. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Segment has raised $170.58M of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2017.