Senior Biomedical Scientist£30k – £45k • 0.0% – 0.25%
We are looking for a key talented and driven individual to join our team. An exciting opportunity to enable further development of the bioassay technologies employed by Orphidia exists for the right candidate. The role involves a significant amount of research & interaction with cross-disciplinary teams to ensure that the chosen biochemistry is compatible with all aspects of system assembly and operation. Whilst a basic knowledge of in vitro diagnostics and system development would be useful and preferred, the bulk of experience and knowledge must lie in clinical assay development. Significant innovation will be required along with a willingness to overcome problems using technologies that you may not currently be familiar with.
The ideal candidate will also be willing to jump in and help other team mates as required. They will also be responsible for junior team members requiring mentoring and guidance of team objectives, whilst ensuring tight deadlines are consistently met.
Familiarity with standard protein assays currently used in clinical diagnostics such as immunoassays and colorimetric enzyme assays are desirable along with fluorescence microscopy. An understanding of protein stability and long term storage investigations is a significant bonus.
• PhD in either Biochemistry, Biomedical engineering and Molecular biology, with experience in industry.
• Significant practical experience and theoretical knowledge of protein stability studies, microarray protein biochemistry, or immunoassay developments for clinical diagnostics.
• Excellent laboratory practical skills particularly in the area of protein biochemistry/molecular biology techniques and experience operating and maintaining a range of advanced technological bioanalysis platforms.
• Experience in DOE
• Leadership experience and demonstrated ability to work within a multidisciplinary team and independently.
• Strong communication and organizational skills.
• Passion for and ability to understand complex multidisciplinary systems.
Advantageous if you also have:
• Microfluidics exposure
• Experience in running diagnostic assays
• Experience of working in a clinical laboratory
• Experience working with clinical laboratory analyzers
• Familiarity with ISO 13485, FDA, GMP and GLP standards
Orphidia at a glance
Orphidia focuses on Healthcare, Medical Devices, Diagnostics, and Quantified Self. Their company has offices in San Francisco and London. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Orphidia has raised $1.805M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2016 at a valuation of $10M.