Smart Investment Advisory
Senior Product Designer
At Moneyfarm, diversity is the foundation of our competitive advantage. We value our employees for who they are – their backgrounds, experiences, talents, knowledge and individual differences make us better at what we do. Flexible working opportunities come as standard, but do let us know how we can accommodate your application further.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Product Designer to work across web and app initiatives and support the evolution of the Moneyfarm experience.
A rapidly growing Fintech, we recently hit €1bn assets under management, secured series C funding and key deals in Italy and Germany, strengthening our position in the UK and Italy. We are 130+ people across 4 offices in Italy, Germany and our UK HQ.
Reporting to our Head of Design, we want you to collaborate with and inspire product, technology and the business, ensuring Design always adds maximum value and helps drive our processes. You’ll develop design strategies based on user insight and take these forward to create industry leading product experiences. Alongside this, you’ll help strengthen our capability, supporting our business direction to fully leverage Design.
What you’ll do
- Understand our users and touchpoints intimately, creating and validating design hypotheses informed by research. Understand the business in order to both inform your design decisions and challenge business thinking.
- Deliver final UI design, concepts, flows, prototypes and components within an Agile cross-functional environment and help evolve Moneyfarm’s design system and processes.
- Be a design facilitator and evangelist, building strong relationships in the Design team and beyond. Mentor other team members and share your design know-how.
Your experience and skills
- 4+ years experience in commercial UI/UX/Product Design working within small to medium sized teams. You have led design work within a cross-functional product team running Agile processes.
- You are a strong collaborator and know how to get people engaged and motivated.
- You think and create at various levels of fidelity and thrive working with your colleagues to get design delivered. You can get a concept drawn through either facilitation, collaboration or creating the whole thing yourself.
- You can dismantle or reimagine concepts to fit into an MVP and know how to focus your approach and prioritize to gain maximum business value.
- You can produce to the highest standard, any sort of product design collateral including final UI, user journeys, flows, templates, layouts, prototypes, components and have worked to create and/or maintain design systems.
- You think about small screens first and have produced extensive UI solutions for responsive web and/or iOS/Android/React Native.
- You have conducted or have experience of user interviews and testing.
- You can switch context easily, between the fun and the serious, the abstract and the concrete. You have excellent communication, design and writing skills
Your tools and outputs:
High fidelity UI design, UI prototypes, lo-fi concepts, experience mapping, sketches, user journeys, design strategies, principles, patterns, UI components and design system processes. Your go-to tools are Figma, Storybook and Adobe CC.
- You’re interested in people and finding out more about them. You’re proactive, collaborative and down-to-earth with a can-do attitude.
- You think broadly and deeply about what you do but can easily take the decision to work at speed with a light touch if needed.
- You like to share ideas and work often, whether fleshed out or not, because you’re excited about where the conversation might go.
- You keep yourself up-to-date with new thinking, techniques and technologies within our industry and beyond. You like to learn things, try things and fix things whether it’s a user interaction, a process or both and you enjoy sharing your knowledge and helping others succeed.
- You have a portfolio and/or case study that shows you can tell a story about why you fit this role.
Nice to have:
Financial and wealth management product design experience
You need to have the right to work and live in the UK to be considered for this role.
Moneyfarm at a glance
Moneyfarm focuses on Financial Services, Investment Management, Technology, Finance Technology, and Advice. Their company has offices in London, Frankfurt, Milan, and Cagliari. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Moneyfarm has raised $109.4M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2019.