Corporate card for startups and new economy businesses In India
Software Engineer, Backend₹8L – ₹12L • 0.1% – 0.2%
As a Software Engineer, you take ownership of projects, learn, and work collaboratively with your colleagues. You constantly design, test, evolve and evaluate the nuts and bolts of our operation while offering a creative and analytical approach.
The high-quality code that stems from your fingertips is robust, readable and understandable. You believe in testing being a developer’s responsibility and don’t dump QA responsibility on someone else. You are proud of your ≥95% test coverage.
As a backend specialist, you’re passionate about building scalable, resilient and secure systems. You’re at home writing platforms and you display an intricate understanding of how each line of code fits into a business plan.
What you’ll be doing
• Design, build and evolve our backend systems to support customer-facing and internal features, while proactively incorporating best practices for security, monitorability and analytics.
• Collaborate with cross-functional colleagues to deliver a compelling user experience.
• Contribute to tools, workflows, and culture to ship code from your laptop/workstation to production frequently and confidently.
• Practise Behaviour Driven Development to collaborate and Test Driven Development to ensure high code quality.
• Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables as part of a self-organizing team.
• Learn and unlearn every day by exchanging knowledge and new insights, conducting constructive code reviews, and participating in retrospectives.
You Must Have
• At least 5 years of professional software development experience.
• 3+ years building scalable systems on Node.js.
• 3+ years building highly performant applications involving mission-critical database transactions against a relational database system.
• Proven ability to write clean and SOLID code using Typescript or ES2015+, applying appropriate object-oriented and functional programming design patterns.
• Well-versed with writing DAMP automated tests that are readable and robust.
• Excellent communication skills, spoken as well as written, with a demonstrated ability to articulate technical problems and projects to all stakeholders.
Extra credits for
• Experience with these technologies:
◦ The AWS ecosystem.
◦ GraphQL services.
◦ Gherkin syntax and Cucumber for behaviour specifications
◦ JVM-based strongly-typed languages like Kotlin, Scala, Groovy, or Java.
◦ Tools to create and maintain CI/CD pipelines
◦ Serverless infrastructure.
• Experience architecting cloud-native systems and managing their production deployments.
• Experience with any of these architecture patterns:
◦ Domain Driven Design.
◦ Clean Architecture, Hexagonal Architecture, Onion Architecture.
◦ Event Sourcing and CQRS.
◦ Different Event Driven Architecture patterns
• Experience in financial services or fintech.
• Experience working in startups.
Kodo at a glance
Kodo focuses on SaaS, Financial Services, Fin Tech, and B2B · SaaS · Mobile · Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning. Their company has offices in Mumbai. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.
You can view their website at http://www.kodo.in