Specializing in genetic diagnostics for hereditary disorders
Senior Software Engineer
About our team:
We are a cross-functional team of scientific domain experts and full-stack engineers. We build systems that take massive amounts of genomic data, combine it with the world's scientific literature, add to it years of rigorously curated results, and package it all neatly for our scientists to consume. It's a lot of information. As the data gets bigger, our systems need to get better and faster. That's where you come in.
What you will do:
- Become a core member of a team dedicated to overcoming the current limitations in the interpretation of genetic variation, making more genomic information actionable for patients.
- Design and implement new features and services that help expand our core capabilities and scale our software infrastructure.
- Write clean, well-structured and well-tested code in Python
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge
Be part of a well-formed, agile team
What you bring:
- Industry experience working with genetics, molecular biology, or NGS applications
- Experience contributing and reading from large, shared code repositories with a preference for Python/Django
- Demonstrated ability to apply and integrate software development with genetics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Data-driven, automation-oriented mindset
- Solid understanding of databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, NoSQL, etc.)
- Knowledge of AWS services and UNIX
- Top-notch communication skills. Experience with distributed teams is a plus.
- Preferred: Strong background in genetics or molecular biology (PhD, MS, or equivalent experience)
- Preferred: Bachelor's in computer science or related field.
- Preferred: Experience building distributed and scalable systems.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Take advantage of comprehensive benefits, including health, dental, and vision.
Have peace of mind with generous vacation days ("take all the time you need; don't let your team down") and an excellent family leave policy.
We offer competitive salaries and equity in a rapidly growing company.
Work how you want
We make work easy with flexible working hours, the computer and accessories of your choice, and opportunities to work from home.
Invitae at a glance
Invitae focuses on Biotechnology. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, Austin, Boston, and Seattle. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Invitae has raised $195.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2014.