Scalable ai for autonomous driving
Helm is an early stage autonomous vehicle startup currently in stealth. Our deep learning approach to self-driving is uniquely data- and capital-efficient, allowing us to get to market quickly. Our team consists of researchers from top schools like Harvard, MIT, Stanford, and Caltech and engineers from companies like Google, Stripe, Quora, and more.
Our software is already available as an SDK, which has been purchased or deployed by 6 of the top 10 car manufacturers in the world. While our technology is being scaled to solve all of the subtasks and corner cases needed for L4 deployment, we market our software for partial autonomy in consumer vehicles. Helm's goal is to integrate the software you help build into millions of consumer vehicles in the coming years.
Sample footage from our L2+ system: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLVT4zc_EVA
- Apply and extend the Helm proprietary algorithmic toolkit to perception problems at scale.
- Carefully execute deep learning experiments designed to (i) provide new functionality for customers, such as intent modeling or depth perception or to (ii) address relevant corner cases in the system as a whole.
- Own the entire model development pipeline: formalizing desired functionality mathematically, developing deep learning-based solutions, and using Helm infrastructure to obtain validation data for measuring performance.
What We're Looking For
- Graduate degree in mathematics, computer science, or a related field desired, but not required for an otherwise exceptional candidate.
- At least two years of industry experience in an applied research role.
- A sense of practical optimism. We are looking for candidates that are comfortable operating under uncertainty to get to the desired result at any cost.
- Thoughtful, methodical, and careful experimenters. We are looking for candidates who relentlessly seek to understand the models they build at a deeper level than most.
- Experience customizing neural networks with Tensorflow or PyTorch.
- Fluency in Python. Experience with numerical algorithms in Matlab, Python, or Julia required.
- Work on one of the most interesting, impactful problems of the decade. Our algorithms ARE our product.
- Time Off - 2 weeks of PTO + a paid company shutdown the last week of the year.
- Daily Free Dinner - We also cover delivery fees and taxes for lunch delivery orders.
- Gym Stipend - Helm helps defray monthly fitness memberships.
- Yearly company retreat - Partners are welcome to join!
- Subsidized Health Insurance - Our out of pocket costs start as low as $16/month.
- 401k Management - Our employees love using Guideline to manage their investments.
- Equipment - Helm purchases any ergonomic equipment you need.
Please apply using the link below.
Subsidized health insurance
Our out of pocket costs start as low as $16/month.
Our employees love using Guideline to manage their investments.
2 weeks of PTO + a paid company shutdown the last week of the year.
Daily free dinner
We also cover delivery fees and taxes for lunch delivery orders.
Helm helps defray monthly fitness memberships.
Yearly company retreat
Partners are welcome to join!
Helm purchases any ergonomic equipment you need.
Helm.ai at a glance
Helm.ai focuses on Automotive, Artificial Intelligence, Software, Computer Vision, and Deep Learning. Their company has offices in Menlo Park. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Helm.ai has raised $13M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2019.
You can view their website at http://helm.ai