Go Beyond ETL and create end-to-end data pipelines with a single platform
Datacoral was founded in 2016 with one overarching goal - eliminate the the complexity and cognitive load of building and managing data infrastructure. We strive everyday to reduce friction that data practitioners face when trying to extract value out of their data.
Our founding team has built and run distributed systems at scale - data infrastructure at Facebook as it scaled from 50TB to over 100PB of managed storage, and at Groupon as it scaled to sending millions of emails a day.
At Datacoral, we are building the first serverless-native data infrastructure stack in the cloud. We’re growing our team of self-starters with folk who want to fundamentally change how companies work with their data.
As a backend engineer you will build out the APIs needed for our front end by leveraging the rich systems metadata captured by the Datacoral platform. You will work with distributed systems engineers and front end engineers to optimize how the firehose of systems data and audit logs are captured, organized and queried to provide efficient APIs for our front end and tools. This role will be in Bangalore, India and will report directly to the engineering lead in Bangalore. You will need to be comfortable working remotely with HQ in San Francisco, CA.
- Design and build robust and scalable REST APIs
- Schema design on NoSQL and SQL databases
- Improve code quality through writing unit tests, automation, and code reviews
- Brainstorming and contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms and products
- Work with product, design, customer-success teams to understand end-user requirements
- Dive into difficult technical problems and successfully deliver results on schedule
What We're Looking For
- Experience building well-designed REST APIs
- Understanding of different types of data and data workloads: how best to organize data, and what different query engines bring to the table
- Familiarity with data technologies: OLTP/OLAP, SQL/noSQL, streaming/batch systems
- Experience with AWS or other cloud computing systems
- Experience with serverless computing a big plus (e.g. AWS lambda)
Datacoral at a glance
Datacoral focuses on SaaS, Enterprise Software, Analytics, Data Centers, and Big Data. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Bengaluru. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Datacoral has raised $14M of funding; their latest round was closed on November 2018.