Enterprise Community Platform
Digital Content Creator$30k – $60k • No equity
We're a civic-tech app and website called Causes.com (owned and operated by Countable).
We're looking for a digital content whiz who can take the day’s news and turn it into content people will want to click and comment on. Think of your role as “meme-ifying” the news: taking an image and adding a quote, headline, or call to action.
Is a BLM demonstration being met with resistance? Is there some breaking news about COVID-19? Are pro-maskers holding a demonstration? Are anti-maskers marching through Target? What actionable hashtags are trending on twitter?
If you’re a creative at heart who has a marketer’s passion for producing innovative and compelling content that can go viral, this job is for you.
Please click over to www.causes.com and, especially, https://www.facebook.com/causes/ for examples.
· Pitch unique story ideas, then write accepted stories in Causes style.
· Post multiple pieces, daily, to social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, Snapchat.
· Schedule content through social media tools.
· Maximize post reach by encouraging fan engagement using best social media practices.
· Research and identify new social media content trends; make recommendations to the team, as appropriate.
· Repackage UGC (user generated content) into shareable quotes, memes, articles.
· Experience developing and publishing content, including news, on digital and social platforms preferred.
· BA/BS degree, preferably in Journalism, Communications or related field with emphasis on digital publishing.
· Excellent writer and storyteller.
· Playfulness, enthusiasm, and creativity.
· Ability to work independently on tight deadlines
· Superior news judgment.
· Impeccable writing and copy-editing skills.
· Ability to understand and adjust to editorial notes.
· Overwhelming attention to detail.
Freelancers interested in writing for us should send in a:
· Resume or LinkedIn profile link.
· (Brief) cover letter explaining why you’re interested in working with us.
· Writing sample or links to previously published material.
Looking forward to working with you and thanks for wanting to impact the world today.
Meet your team
Countable at a glance
Countable focuses on Digital Media, Social Media, Advertising, and Community Development. Their company has offices in Los Angeles, New York City, San Francisco, and Washington DC. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Countable has raised $3.285M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2017.