Want to write a new chapter of the Beauty industry with us? At Prose, we empower hair stylists to create fresh and personalized hair care for their clients. A true co-creation where client needs, stylist expertise, and the highest quality ingredients come together to create a very personal haircare, freshly made in NYC.
Our investors have also backed companies like Glossier, Warby Parker, Harry's, Casper, and Allbirds. We expect only "dream job" applicants, we are growing fast and we need your help!
- You will be responsible for designing, building, improving and maintaining our platform, third-party data integration, API & backend systems
- Use external services whenever they make sense — we don’t need to build everything in-house!
- Ship stable, high-quality code to which you are proud to be a contributor (and fix the occasional bugs, we know it happens sometimes :)
- Deliver excellent software through comprehensive peer-reviews, CI, and automated testing
- Stay current on new technologies and continuously improve skills
- Understand and consistently improve our codebase
- Work closely with frontend and UI/UX to design and implement features
- Bring your personal expertise and ideas to help solve problems creatively and effectively
- Explore new technologies to solve problems
- Opportunity to become technical lead and take over responsibility concerning architectural decisions
THE ACTIVE INGREDIENTS THAT YOU'RE BRINGING TO THE TEAM...
- Strong experience with Python, along with common libraries such as Requests, SQLAlchemy, Flask or Django
- Experience building robust Restful APIs
- Strong understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Understanding of front-end technologies
- A knack for writing clean, readable and maintainable code
- Knows SQL outside of SQLAlchemy (even though using an ORM is encouraged where appropriate)
- Able to design data schemas that represent and efficiently support business processes
- Eager to implement automated functional and unit tests
- Proficient with Git, a Unix shell, an editor (or IDE) and all others day-to-day developer tools
- Familiarity with continuous integration, Docker, a PaaS or IaaS platform
- Familiarity with Stripe, Segment.io and/or Keen.io a plus
- Interest in React (JS and/or Native), AsyncIO, Go, ML and technology in general a strong plus
This is a rare opportunity to be part of a well-funded, early founding team that's working on a truly unique product with a massive market opportunity.
Here is what we offer to all our employees:
- Competitive salary + equity
- Meal allowance, aka "Tickets Resto"
- Rockstar health insurance
- Cool offices in the very friendly 10th district of Paris
- At least 1 week a year working remotely from New York, and visiting our US Offices
- Free haircare products!
Prose is the first personalized hair care brand, freshly made in NYC, and powered by hair stylists. A true co-creation where client needs, stylist expertise, and the highest quality ingredients come together to create a very personal haircare, delivered to your door within 5 business days.