Horse Racing Wagering Recommendation Platform
Social Media Coordinator2.5% – 4.0%
What is ThoroStat?
ThoroStat is a horse racing wagering and recommendation platform that uses real-time data to provide users selections per race or to help build multi-race wagers. Our industry is still way behind when it comes to using technology but we want to grow into the #1 platform for all types of horseplayers from experienced daily players to casual fans who attend the largest racing days of the year.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a talented Social media manager to administer our social media accounts. You will be responsible for creating original text and video content, managing posts and responding to followers. You will manage our company image in a cohesive way to achieve our marketing goals.
As a Social media manager, we expect you to be up-to-date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends. You should have excellent communication skills and be able to express our company’s views creatively.
We are looking for someone who can start working straight away after hours (from 6pm onwards and weekends) and who can join full-time once we get traction and/or funding. This person can/is able to put in Full time hours, but there is no salary or current compensation other than Equity at this time. Our goal is to capitalize on the already established Twitter Audience we have gained over the years and expand our social and content footprint.
This person won't get a salary until we raise a round of funding but will be entitled to equity.
Ultimately, you should be able to handle our social media presence ensuring high levels of web traffic and customer engagement.
- Perform research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences
- Design and implement social media strategy to align with business goals
- Set specific objectives and report on ROI
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news)
- Monitor SEO and web traffic metrics
- Collaborate with other teams, like marketing, sales and customer service to ensure brand consistency
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor customer reviews
- Oversee social media accounts’ design (e.g. Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures and blog layout)
- Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and competitions
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications
Good to have Social Media Manager skills:
- Proven work experience as a Social media manager
- Hands on experience in content management
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video)
- Solid knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics
- Knowledge of online marketing channels
- Familiarity with web design
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical and multitasking skills
- BSc degree in Marketing or relevant field
ThoroStat at a glance
ThoroStat focuses on Gambling, Sports, Technology, and B2B · SaaS · Mobile · Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning. Their company has offices in Austin. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.
You can view their website at https://thorostat.com