Horse Racing Wagering Recommendation Platform
Marketing Director - Head of Marketing2.5% – 5.0%
What is ThoroStat?
ThoroStat is a horse racing wagering and recommendation platform that uses real-time data to provide users selections per race or to help build multi-race wagers. Our industry is still way behind when it comes to using technology but we want to grow into the #1 platform for all types of horseplayers from experienced daily players to casual fans who attend the largest racing days of the year.
What’s the opportunity?
As the Head of Marketing/Marketing Director, you will be responsible for defining and implementing our marketing and growth programs. You will be able to roll up your sleeves to get started and will have the resources to build a team, internally and externally, to help you execute on the strategy you develop.
We are looking for someone who can start working straight away after hours (from 6pm onwards and weekends) and who can join full-time once we get traction and/or funding. This person can/is able to put in Full time hours, but there is no salary or current compensation other than Equity at this time. Our goal is to capitalize on the already established Twitter Audience we have gained over the years and expand our social and content footprint.
This person won't get a salary until we raise a round of funding but will be entitled to equity.
What will I be doing?
You'll be building/ maintaining our online presence and customer acquisition programs which is B2C. To be successful, you will already have experience building and running personalized marketing campaigns to drive consistent sales revenue growth. This includes:
- Get shit done - marketing related or not
- Create and own the go-to-market strategy and find product/market fit
- Test and optimize several demand channels
- Research and define target audiences
- Develop marketing and communication strategies
- Conduct customer research
- Test, measure, pivot - as many times as needed
- Drive our brand in a way that resonates with and motivates our target audiences
- Promote the company as an innovator to the press and public and oversee outbound customer-facing communications across our website, blog, and social channels
- Develop relationships with key partners to drive adoption and growth through a variety of co-marketing efforts
- Build and create Blog content to attract customers to our site
- Manage all social media accounts and the content posted to drive followrs and enaggement
- Oversee paid social media ads campaigns for the time being to target new users
What skills do I need?
You are not afraid to fail
You have experience developing and executing go-to-market plans, with a special focus on targeted paid advertising and content marketing
You are pragmatic and result-oriented
You are able to see the big picture and think strategically
You are a self-starter, organized, self-motivated and autonomous in your work
You have a strong analytical and writing skills
ThoroStat at a glance
ThoroStat focuses on Gambling, Sports, Technology, and B2B · SaaS · Mobile · Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning. Their company has offices in Austin. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.
You can view their website at https://thorostat.com