Internet of Things for truck-delivered energy
Senior Backend Engineer$80k – $160k • 0.15% – 0.25%
We are seeking candidates to join our growing software team. We believe that new challenges require new technology. You'll be inspired to try out that new language, rewrite code, and generally find interesting solutions to interesting problems. We value smart, driven people that learn quickly.
At Tank Utility, we are transforming the fragmented 100-year-old propane industry into a more data driven, customer-centric enterprise for greater profitability. Our IoT monitors and SaaS software and analytics accurately measure tank levels and provide the data needed to help fuel providers schedule their deliveries and run their business more deftly. Our product has already fundamentally changed the way our growing customer base runs their business and we are passionately looking to bring this innovation to the rest of this $100B+ delivered fuels market.
To meet this goal we will need to scale our software platform and deliver new features as our customer base grows exponentially.
We are a small, nimble and high performing team of 20+ people and are looking for you to hit the ground running, learn quickly and help to build creative software at Tank Utility. This opportunity is truly what you make of it and we are looking for someone who values gaining a lot of experience quickly and having direct ownership of code and process.
YOU SHOULD HAVE SOME EXPERIENCE WITH THE FOLLOWING:
- Back end heavy experience including but not limited to: Python, NodeJS, Go, Scala, Java, etc
- Cloud Services (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
- Consuming and writing REST APIs
- NoSQL Databases (MongoDB, Cassandra, CouchDB)
- SQL Databases (postgreSQL, mySQL)
- Source Control (git, SVN)
- Previous startup experience is a plus!
What will you work on?
You will be working under our lead developer to build out the future software of Tank Utility. We have a bunch of interesting projects going on:
- Android and iOS apps
- Streaming architecture processing 10's of thousands of readings per hour
- Data analytics to solve hard IOT problems
- Managing databases with hundreds of millions of rows
Why work at Tank Utility?
Tank Utility offers the ability to get in at the beginning of a fast growing startup in downtown Boston and every team member is essential to our success.
- Fun, collaborative, dynamic work environment
- Working with nice, hard-working teammates in a collaborative environment
- Ability to work 100% remote with the option of working in our centrally located office near the Red, Orange, and Green lines
- Company outings when we hit our goals such as snow tubing, brewery tours, etc.
- Career Development that gives you the Opportunity to Build and Grow
- 401k, Health Insurance, Equity
This post is for a full-time, remote position with the ability to work out of our office in downtown Boston when the need arises. We look forward to hearing from you!
Tank Utility at a glance
Tank Utility focuses on Clean Energy, Energy Efficiency, Fuels, and Logistics. Their company has offices in Boston and Somerville. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Tank Utility has raised $8.255M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2019.