We’re making life easier by synchronising all your financial accounts in One App
JOB INTRO 🔎
At sync. money we are looking for a ‘super-hero’ Backend Developer and incredible new team player to join our family and help us to make a real difference. Someone to bring positive energy and a smile to the workplace. Whilst we may be building a company and a brand, we’re also building bonds that can last a lifetime.
Other skills required as a Backend Developer include:
• English speaking, with multiple languages beneficial.
• Hardworking, willing to take responsibility but also a co-worker.
• Proactive, willing to get involved with the wider team and helping where possible.
• Being passionate about your job and taking the initiative on coming up with new ideas how we can improve our product, culture and company. • You are part of the community but a user too!
• Willing to learn but also to coach others where possible.
• Understanding about the importance of our product, the customer experience to peoples everyday lives and the need to support them where appropriate.
HOW YOU WILL HELP US SUCCEED
• Build features and maintain backend services by implementing defined work issues.
• Improve and maintain existing code.
• Work with databases, servers, microservices, and APIs, and the integration of all these processes.
• Work collaboratively by proposing solutions and alternative point of views to problems.
• Pair Programming and Code Reviews.
• Participate in SCRUM ceremonies.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED 💻
• A minimum of 2yrs of coding as a Backend Developer, specifically in Nodejs.
• Solid knowledge in NodeJS and multiple framework.
• Experience with noSQL solutions.
• Familiar with the concept of test-driven development and UI testing tools (Selenium, mocha, chai, jest).
• Excellent teamwork skills with an ability to get the work done with minimal supervision.
• Passion for creating efficient, scalable, high-load resistant web applications.
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Familiar with Docker and Infrastructure Orchestration services such as AWS.
• Experience with HTML5, CSS3, ReactJS, and other front-end technologies.
• Experience with other languages Python, Go or PHP desirable.
• Fluent in English- essential.
Will market competitive and will depend on the location, position and experience of the candidate.
WHO WE ARE 😎
sync. is a young and exciting FinTech company headquartered at Level39 in Canary Wharf in the Centre of London with a second hub in the Historical Centre of Malaga, Spain, right next to the Picasso Museum. Our driving ambition is to save people time and money. It’s what motivates us to come in to work every morning knowing that we could be making a real difference to people’s lives.
We combine the very best of features and services across the market, whilst also creating our own, to make a unique product that can be everything to everyone. We always say that great products and built by great teams. We’re very much on our way to building both but need more great people to achieve all of our lofty goals and ambitions. Are you that person? Apply now
Why the ✖️, crossover, where old banking meets the new world of innovation, disruption and inclusion. We are sync. and you could be too.
Read more about us on our blog or follow our latest news on Twitter.
WHY US 🤔
There are 2 things we love doing. Disrupting the relevant landscape and saving people money. We know what you’re thinking. It’s either “what’s the connection between the two?” or “So do I, so how can I be involved?”. Well we have the answer to both questions, read on…
As a result, we’re now looking for motivated applicants to join our team as we develop our new product. This exciting new project is going to change the way people interact with their finances and will take us to the forefront of alternative banking.
If you have the ambition of working in a truly exciting, forward thinking and passionate company, where your work will have immeasurable impact, here we are!
WHAT WE DO ✖️
We are aiming to lead the way in Smart Open Banking. We allow users to instantly open a current GBP &/or EUR account in minutes and we provide them with the ability to open up to 30+ other currency accounts. Users are able to exchange currencies between their accounts at the best rates and transfer money worldwide and unbeatable rates. Learn more about our features here.
sync.’s USP is to allow users to synchronise all of their financial accounts (bank, credit, loan and mortgage accounts) in one app, as one experience by utilising our AISP snd PISP licenses. By being able to budget, manage and track all of their accounts and expenses in one place, offering our users unrivalled user experience as a money management platform and be their financial advisor.
This then translates into tailored recommendations on how to save time and money through our marketplace of products from numerous financial and retail service providers that we have deals with.
"Our ultimate goal is for our users to better understand their saving, spending and investing habits and to make easy, simple, beautiful and accessible to everyone".
WHAT WE OFFER 🏆
> Salary package that rewards you.
Hard-working, dedicated and talented people deserve to be rewarded and that’s why we offer you a salary and bonus package that will reward you for your contribution.
> Flexible hours for a flexible lifestyle.
We know flexibility is important in this day and age. We also know we can trust you to know when you’re at your best, which is why we encourage working smarter not harder.
> Satisfying and fulfilling.
Both of our offices are stocked with plenty of snacks and drinks for you to enjoy.
> A workplace for you.
Choose between our City Centre office in London or by the beach in Malaga. Regardless of which one you choose we’ll make sure you’re using the best equipment available.
> Discounts to cash in on.
Use our dedicated employee portal to save you time and money at some of your favourite retailers and restaurant.
SOME OTHER BENEFITS 🏆
An office you can call home.
Use our beautiful office space to organise and run events planned by our team, for our team, for a fun filled evening. Feel free to get involved and organise some yourself!
Opportunities to Grow.
We love when people join us and stay with us and that’s why we offer you amazing growth opportunities. You have the opportunities for promotions, internal transfers and even international transfers as we look to open up more offices worldwide.
If you want to build sync. in your country or in your city then tell us, push us and help us expand our technology and values to your home.
Our products are for everyone, and so are our offices.
We value diversity on an individual level. We’re dedicated to creating an environment where people can share their own diverse backgrounds, experiences, perspectives & ideas.
sync. money is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
READY TO TAKE THE LEAP? 🚀
Feel like you’re ready to accept the challenge and embark on a new and exciting chapter of your life? Click below to apply for the Backend Developer job role at sync. money and let’s make a difference together.
RECRUITERS NOTICE ⚠️
This Role is for direct applications only for a full time position and our HR Department will not be responding to any Recruitment Agencies, software firms or freelancers that contact us.
Sync.Money at a glance
Sync.Money focuses on Financial Services, Banking, Fin Tech, and Digital Currency. Their company has offices in London and Málaga. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Sync.Money has raised $2.2M of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2019.