Completely biodegradable sanitary pads
Sales and Distribution Lead (4+ years exp)₹4L – ₹8L
Saathi is a manufacturing company that makes eco-friendly hygiene products. Founded by graduates from MIT (US) and Nirma, we are innovators in the use of alternative materials and zero-waste production. Our mission is to create hygiene products that are good for the body, environment, and community.
Our first product, biodegradable sanitary pads made from banana fibre, stands to revolutionize the feminine hygiene sector. Each woman using Saathi pads can save 60kg of pad waste in her lifetime. When women purchase a box of Saathi pads, they subsidize the price of pads sold to women in urban slum and rural areas. We are building an unstoppable team to help us bring Saathi biodegradable pads to women across India, and around the world.
Role and Responsibilities
Saathi is looking for an energetic, data-driven Sales & Distribution Lead to build Saathi's brand recognition and lead our future product launches. You will be in charge of developing B2B customer engagements, generating sales leads and developing our long-term distribution strategy. You are eager to translate your four or more years experience in a similar role into a fast, sustainable growth plan for Saathi. This position will be based in Ahmedabad and has an immediate start date.
- Develop and implement a local and international B2B sales & distribution plan for Saathi products
- Implement effective sales & marketing strategies for expansion plans
- Build relationships with distributors and approve terms of business
- Develop and optimize processes to increase lead conversion
- Conduct and apply market research for new markets into strategy
- Attend local markets & exhibitions – working with the marketing team on a variety of other market communications initiatives
- A minimum of 4 years commercial experience in leading a Sales & Distribution function for a brand or range of consumer goods products
- Must have current experience in leading a sales function across consumer related products
- Excellent experience in building relationships with new customers and enhancing existing relationships to maximize sales & margin returns
- Ability to understand competitive analysis and be a knowledge base for the product range
- Excel in fast-paced, dynamic work environments
- Prefer independently-led work style as opposed to hierarchical management
- English fluency (written and spoken)
- Software requirements: CRM tools
- Bonus skills: productivity tools
Saathi at a glance
Saathi focuses on Consumer Goods, Manufacturing, Health and Wellness, Fast-Moving Consumer Goods, and Ethical Manufacturing. Their company has offices in New York City and Ahmedabad. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.