Working on the future of construction
Product Focused Full Stack Developer
Quartz is looking for a product focused full stack developer to help build the future of construction. We build systems that identify, track, and predict everything that moves on a construction site, making construction measurably safer and gives managers never-before-collected insights into how work is accomplished on their sites. Our cameras and sensors collect information, and our computer vision and advanced analytics help the site track any process or procedures in real time.
Our customers are building sky scrapers, stadiums, and hospitals that make up the world we live in day to day. Join us in changing how construction is done, and help make it safer and more affordable for everyone.
We are seeking a full stack engineer with substantial python experience to work on a Flask/React project. Primary responsibilities will be to work on the Flask API, which supports the React web front end right now, but ultimately may support many more things, like a mobile app, feeding information to a machine learning pipeline, or interactions with sensors or custom hardware from our on-site camera system. This is an in person job, but allows several work from home days a week if desired.
Our primary focus right now is getting product market fit around our digital product, so we are seeking an experienced product engineer to help us get many ideas to market quickly. A generalist willing to work in many areas, but who has a strong core understanding of python, would be a great fit. We are looking for mid level to senior engineer who could grow into a team lead a year down the line, and would be willing to work with more junior engineers.
Ideal Candidate has:
- Several years of professional python experience, and comfort with SQL databases
- Experience with React is a nice, but willingness to learn more important.
- Experience releasing to Heroku is a nice, but willingness to learn is more important.
- A willingness to learn new technology and iterate with product
- A willingness to (eventually) mentor more junior team members
Our Current Stack:
- Our API is a Python/Flask app with a Postgres DB that is deployed on Heroku
- Our front end is a React website, deployed on Heroku
- Our camera system uses on and offsite storage which has an API our Flask API will need to hook into
- A machine learning team, who will need to be supported with the Python API
- Potentially, an iOS or embedded systems team for on-site development, who will need to be supported with API
Quartz at a glance
Quartz focuses on Construction. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees. To date, Quartz has raised $7.75M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2020.
You can view their website at http://www.quartz.co