We are growing the crypto economy by making virtual assets safe and trusted
Software Development Engineer in Test$100k – $130k
The most important duties of the person in this role will include:
· Contribute to product quality both proactively and reactively by leveraging your product knowledge to plan, execute, and automate the right tests at the right time, reducing the length of development cycles with quick feedback on new changes.
· Anticipate challenges and risks and recommend strategies for meeting or mitigating them, such as specific improvements to the product’s testability or focusing testing efforts in specific areas which may be more brittle or complex.
· Manually test new features and existing features which are not automated.
· Provide feedback on product quality both to developers and to the larger team and contribute to decisions on how best to deliver a positive user experience in a timely manner.
· Perform code reviews and advise developers on testability, automated testing best practices, and how to perform the right tests at each step of the process.
· Collaborate with customer-facing teams and product management to understand customer needs and help prioritize bug fixes and expedite them when needed.
· Collaborate with other product teams as needed to help ensure timely delivery and excellent quality across the CipherTrace product offerings.
To be successful, you should have the following attributes:
· Strong skills as a software development engineer in test (or proven skills in both development and testing, preferably with some overlap), including experience with one or more of the following: web front-end testing, REST testing, iOS/Android testing, data validation.
· Experience in analytical thinking, test automation, continuous integration and continuous delivery, data analysis and visualization, etc.
· Hands-on experience with testing tools such as CodeceptJS, Puppeteer, Selenium, Postman, REST Assured, etc.
· Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases; for backend or data-oriented roles, experience with big data frameworks and stream processing platforms is also a plus.
· Good knowledge of industry standard QA/QE best practices and a willingness and ability to champion QE philosophy and influence others.
· Strong English communication skills (both spoken and written).
· Comfortable working with distributed and remote teams.
Nice to have:
· Degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
· Interest in blockchain technologies and cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum (and ERC-20 tokens), and more.
· Experience with AWS, Google Cloud, and container technologies
CipherTrace at a glance
CipherTrace focuses on Banking, Cyber Security, and Blockchain / Cryptocurrency. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, Austin, Boston, and Singapore. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, CipherTrace has raised $18M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2019.