Open source web framework to help developers build internal tools
Backend engineer for open source project (remote)₹20L – ₹35L • 0.1% – 0.5%
Appsmith is a VC funded open source project. See our GitHub repo here: https://github.com/appsmithorg/appsmith.
What will you be doing?
We strongly believe in the concept of “smart backends, dumb frontends”. You will be responsible for designing the intelligence and configuration that drives all complex frontend UIs.
Since our product must be extensible, you will architect and design a plugin based platform that seamlessly allows the addition and configuration of any new 3rd party integrations or plugins while ensuring that they work well with the rest of the ecosystem.
All our team members claim ownership of both code and outcome. Hence, you will be responsible for deploying and managing your code, not only in a cloud infrastructure like AWS, but also in multiple self-hosted deployments.
Must Have Skills
- A strong grasp of server-side programming languages like Python / Java is a must. Since these will be our primarily languages of choice, prior work experience in these languages will help you ramp up quickly with the rest of the team.
- An extremely good working knowledge of relational database systems (MySQL/PostgreSQL) or NoSQL databases such as MongoDB.
- Being able to understand & design REST APIs is critical to ensure any reasonably complex functionality within the product.
- A working knowledge of cloud infrastructure providers such as AWS / Azure.
Nice to Have Skills
- A basic knowledge of client-side frameworks such as React.js/Angular will help you move across the stack and make you a prolific team player.
- A working knowledge of HTML & CSS will ensure that you can single-handedly create those pixel-perfect pages with ease.
- A grasp of Devops tools such as Terraform, Ansible will earn you the respect of the team and our users.
- Open source contributions to any project is a bonus.
- Bonus points for working knowledge of container technologies like Docker / Rkt.
What is the recruitment process?
Each conversation (on video calls) with us will last about 60 mins. Typically the whole process takes between 2 - 10 business days (depending on availability).
Introductory call: A phone call with one of the founders that gives us a chance to introduce our company & product to you as well as get to know you. If you find our product vision interesting & exciting for you to work on, we will move to next steps.
Technical conversation I: This is a deeper technical conversation. Expect some problem solving and pair programming to take place.
Technical conversation II: This is a technical deep-dive with a founder/senior engineer on the team that will focus heavily on your technical skills. Expect some more problem solving and pair programming.
Culture fit conversation: Conversations with the founders and quick meetings with our team members to ensure that there is a culture-fit.
Extending an offer: If all goes well, we will extend an offer which includes financial benefits, equity stock grants and any other benefits.
- Medical insurance
- Budget to setup your home office
- Self-education budget
- Flexible holiday schedule
Medical insurance for spouse and parents
Cover of INR 3,00,000 per dependent
Fully distributed and remote team
You can work from home indefinitely. We have a home office set up budget.
Professional development budget
We'll cover or reimburse expenses of courses, books, and conferences.