We believe that access to structured information will be the critical resource for the coming wave of intelligent applications—for everything from next generation app experiences, to search assistants, to enterprise business intelligence. Our AI engineers have developed a machine that can autonomously synthesize the world’s first comprehensive database of structured knowledge. Diffbot is used by 80% of the large tech giants, hundreds of startups, and has proven a profitable business model driven by AI.
Diffbot runs one of the largest web-scale machine learning systems composed of many micro-services that perform crawling, rendering, natural language processing, computer vision, information extraction, and document analysis. The Software Engineer at Diffbot plays a critical role in advancing the efficiency and scalability of this machinery. Diffbot provides experienced software engineers an opportunity to work on web-scale machine learning problems while being part of a small high-impact team.
* Measure, optimize, and architect high performance systems that run on hundreds of machines (cloud and custom-assembled hardware)
* Optimize machine learning software implementations and models to improve machine utilization and efficiency
* Resolve customer-facing issues and fix bugs
* Develop practices to enhance code quality and ease of maintenance
* BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
* 2+ years of experience in Java software development
* Experience working in a Linux environment
* Experience with high quality code practices and testing
* Experience with software performance optimization
* Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed
* Master’s, PhD degree, further education or experience in engineering, computer science or other technical related field.
* Applied machine learning experience
* Experience with designing and implementing production distributed systems
* Previous technical leadership role
Perks & Benefits
* Competitive salary with equity
* 100% Company sponsored Medical, dental and vision insurance
* Free lunches, snacks and beverages
* Customized computer setup
* Unlimited paid time off
* Parental leave
* Dog friendly office
* Commuter benefits
* Ongoing learning through mentorship and education budget
* Office setting - right next to downtown Mountain View and CalTrain, equipped with showers for bike commuters, great outdoor patio and work space
* Work remotely when needed and work on a flexible schedule
* Opt-in team events and get togethers - BBQs, game nights, poker nights, happy hours, hiking and more
* Work with an exceptional team of bright, innovative, fun and ambitious individuals from all around the world
To apply, please submit:
* A short self-introduction expressing your interest and above qualifications
* A resume
Diffbot is an AI company that provides knowledge-as-a-service to the coming wave of intelligent applications.
We are building the world's first structured index that is comprehensive, accurate, and deep.