Enterprise cloud software for life sciences
Senior Revenue Accountant
At Veeva, we build enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster. Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
We are looking for a highly motivated, hands-on Senior Revenue Accountant to play a key role within Veeva’s revenue accounting team. You will be integral to ensuring accurate accounting and reporting of revenue in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). This new position will report to the Sr. Director of Revenue Accounting and will be instrumental in supporting the growing, global revenue function while also helping to build scalable processes.
What You'll Do
- Perform review of revenue contracts under ASC 606
- Ability to read complex contracts/agreements and identify pertinent terms and issues to provide appropriate accounting guidance and propose solutions within Company’s existing revenue recognition policy and the accounting literature
- Collaborate with revenue operations and other cross-functional teams to coordinate, complete and resolve revenue accounting matters
- Assist with the month-end close process, including account reconciliations, fluctuation analysis, and review of key reports
- Support the integration and revenue recognition of acquired companies
- Partner with the team on documentation of controls and updating changes to existing processes
- Assist with periodic analysis of stand-alone selling prices of the Company’s products and services
- Work with the external auditors to provide the required support for the quarterly reviews and annual audit.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years’ experience in revenue accounting at a high-tech company or in public accounting with experience in auditing revenue
- Demonstrated ability to perform in a fast-paced environment
- Must possess strong communication skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to identify problems and provide solutions
- Ability to partner with and influence teams around the world and across functions within Veeva
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with strong attention to detail
Nice to Have
- Experience with NetSuite and salesforce.com and Zuora RevPro a plus
- Experience in both Big 4 public accounting and a Publicly Traded SaaS company
Perks & Benefits
- Healthy, free, provided lunches and snacks every day
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Onsite gym with free fitness classes offered daily
Veeva Systems at a glance
Veeva Systems focuses on Biotechnology, Enterprise Software, Pharmaceuticals, CRM, and Cloud Management. Their company has offices in New York City, Boston, Columbus, Toronto, and Barcelona. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees.