Enterprise cloud software for life sciences
Senior Software Engineer
At Veeva, we build enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster. Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
Join us in building and shaping our new engineering teams in Boston as we build products and technology to transform our customers. If you have the passion and enjoy the fast-paced challenges of a lean startup, this is a great opportunity to join at the ground floor and make your mark. The applicant for this role should be a self-starter, who loves technical challenges, and has prior experience working on a variety of engineering projects in an energizing environment, with desire to see our customers succeed.
What You’ll Do
- Rapidly build new applications on an existing, robust enterprise platform
- Build new infrastructure from scratch following the best practices in cloud software development
- Collaborate with product managers and QA to deliver cutting-edge solutions and deliver value to our customers
- Work on multiple layers of our platform including: backend (primary) and front-end
- Mentor junior engineers
- 5+ years experience in Java, preferably at an enterprise cloud software company
- Proven ability to write clean, testable, readable code in a team environment
- Hands-on experience with open source technologies such as: Spring, MySQL, Hibernate, Solr, Maven, Git, Jenkins, Mockito, Tomcat,
- 3+ years of experience in relational databases with a mastery of SQL
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
Nice to Have
- Familiarity with UI frameworks like React/Backbone
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
Veeva Systems at a glance
Veeva Systems focuses on Biotechnology, Enterprise Software, Pharmaceuticals, CRM, and Cloud Management. Their company has offices in New York City, Boston, Columbus, Toronto, and Barcelona. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees.