Helping drivers navigate through cities by making it easier to find a place to park
Technical Product Manager
Our product management team solves incredibly hard problems each and every day to create an experience for our customers that strives to be nothing short of breathtaking. We have incredibly high standards, especially when it comes to our team.
**Who we are:** SpotHero is a fast-growing market leader disrupting the mobility space. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app, website, and connected car integrations to reserve convenient, affordable parking. Parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
**What will you do?**
- Lead the research, ideation, and creation of Vision, Roadmap, and backlog for our new garage access system to create a frictionless experience.
- Lead the product development of the hardware solutions to build the future of mobility.
- Determine the best experience for users to get in and out of parking facilities.
- Effectively communicate strategy with all internal business stakeholders and engineering management team.
- Collaborate with hardware partners on product development to help create the best user experiences for parkers, fleets and autonomous vehicles.
- Partner with UX Design, Marketing, Engineering, and Sales to deliver the best product for our customers, partners, and internal team.
- Champion and lead growth optimizations that will maximize product performance.
- Create innovative products and features that leverage our unique position in a multi-sided marketplace.
- Glean insights about our users from qualitative and quantitative research.
- Formulate and test hypotheses based on user research and behavioral analytics.
- Be an industry thought leader, participating in public speaking events and panels to showcase integrations as a leader in transportation, mobility, and technology.
- An analytics-driven Product Manager. Nothing excites you more than improving conversion, retention, and purchasing frequencies via hardware that reduces friction and drives reengagement.
- A researcher, fond of: planning and moderating usability tests, A/B testing, site surveys. You’ll need to interpret results and surface learnings to the organization.
- Fluent in communication and comfortable working with engineering and design teams.
- Have exceptional organizational skills, possessing strong presentation and verbal & written communication skills.
- Key Attributes:
- A Curious and Hungry Learner
- A Problem Finder
- Able to collaborate
- You own your work
- 5+ years of experience in a hardware based consumer product (if not, still apply and convince us you’re a great fit).
- Experience in communications and image recognition.
- A background in IOT to help engineers build POCs and next generation solutions.
- You can function as “full stack” and are able to create anything from a vision to roadmap to backlog of stories.
**What we are offering:**
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a fast growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
- Excellent benefits – We cover 90% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer company sponsored Life Insurance.
- Flexible PTO policy, generous parental leave, and great work/life balance – We value and support each individual team member.
- Fun perks like snacks, catered lunches, happy hours, wellness programs, and SpotHero swag.
- Annual parking stipend (duh – we help people park!).
- The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere.
- A workplace recognized as the Best Consumer Web Company by Built in Chicago, Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, a Top Workplace by Chicago Tribune, and one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work for Women Under 35 by Crain’s Chicago Business.
**Steps to apply:**
Please include any, LinkedIn profile and (especially) any project that you’re particularly proud of. We love seeing work that others loved working on.
- You must be legally authorized to work in the US. Unfortunately, the company is unable to support sponsorships at this time.
We're proud to offer a comprehensive benefits and insurance package to keep you and your family happy and healthy.
Flexible vacation time
Want to take a trip to the Amazon? What about Europe? We support your adventures (especially if you sport your SpotHero shirt!).
Take a break and enjoy some grub with the team, catered weekly from your favorite Chicago spots and our endless variety of snacks.
Casual work environment
We think work should feel good. Enjoy our brand new workspace with all the trimmings: Take a nap or strike a yoga pose in the Zen Den, and play a round of pop-a-shot in our fun room.
Our office is located in the heart of the energetic Chicago Loop. We also offer parking benefits to help you get here - duh, we help people park!
Membership to Sales Assembly, where you will have the opportunity to access training and development opportunities, and connect with other sales professionals in the B2B sales sector in Chicago.
From beach parties to employee talent shows, rooftop happy hours and spontaneous ice cream soirees - we're always looking for new ways to have fun together!
SpotHero at a glance
SpotHero focuses on Mobile, Marketplaces, Transportation, Parking, and Consumer. Their company has offices in Chicago. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, SpotHero has raised $86.96M of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2017.