Revolutionizing space technology
**MANUFACTURING SPECIALIST – PRECISION TUBE SHOP
- Resolve manufacturing issues, disposition nonconforming parts, perform root cause analysis, and implement robust corrective actions
- Support development builds and tests to validate non-conformance conditions and qualify new weld development processes
- Provide recommendations for tooling design and improvement, based on analysis and data.
- Design tooling for new and existing products to support rate production
- Implement standard practices, process improvements, and standard repair procedures for TIG welded assemblies and supporting processes (critical part movement, non-destructive evaluation, etc)
- Create high-quality work orders, engineering masters, and other manufacturing resource planning and product life cycle management systems elements to manufacture fluid system components
- Implement standard practices, troubleshooting guides, and standard repair procedures, including review and approval of planning documents
- Streamline existing production builds to minimize cost while improving quality and efficiency
- Manage resources, plan, and interface with other production groups including external vendors, manufacturing engineers, and technicians
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, math, or science, -or- 2 year technical school degree, -or- 2 years of experience in a manufacturing and process planning role
- 4 years total experience working in an aerospace manufacturing technician, planning, or direct support role
**PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:**
- Experience taking products through development cycle to full volume production
- Solid understanding of a variety of manufacturing processes including CNC fabrication, precision cleaning, orbital tube welding (OTW), TIG welding, and assembly
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Hands on experience with TIG welding, Orbital Tube welding, tube bending, precision cleaning and/or supporting processes
- Experience with design for manufacturability and mssembly
- Experience with Siemens NX (UG), Teamcenter CAD, and PDM systems is preferred
- Process development, facility and line layouts
- Lean Manufacturing Tools, PFMEA, Value Chain Mapping, Kanban, OEE and 5S
- Must be open to work either 1st Shift (5:00am-3:30pm) or 2nd Shift (3:30pm-2:00am), overtime and weekends as needed
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. unassisted
- Must be able to stand for extended periods – 8 hours min
- Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and being able to maneuver in tight space
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR **[here](pmddtc.state.gov/regulations_laws/itar.html)**.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
SpaceX at a glance
SpaceX focuses on Manufacturing, Transportation, Aerospace, and Space Travel. Their company has offices in Washington, Hawthorne, Lompoc, McGregor, and Beale Air Force Base. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, SpaceX has raised $2.475B of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2019.
You can view their website at http://www.spacex.com