Sr. Growth Product Manager
**What’s a Sr. Growth Product Manager?** We are looking for a **Sr. Growth Product Manager** to help us create amazing shopping experiences for our customers and agents. Buying insurance shouldn’t be hard, and understanding your policy and feeling that you’re making an informed choice on your coverages shouldn’t need multiple phone calls over a period of weeks. We need you to help make both of these ambitions a reality for our customers.
We need someone who has experience building out amazing **eCommerce shopping experiences** on responsive websites. You should be obsessed with user experience, customer satisfaction, and of course should know your conversion numbers like the back of your hand.
You need to have demonstrated ability and experience in building products at scale that produce meaningful impacts on key eCommerce metrics including conversion, efficiency, average revenue per sale, and reducing average cost per sale. Additionally, we also distribute our products via API so you need to have experience working with API based products at scale.
Our Product Managers are dedicated to deeply understanding user problems, run point on strategy to come up with creative UX and technical solutions to solve them, and then work with engineering to get their roadmap built.
We also require our PMs to be deeply technical. This also means you need to have a deep understanding of APIs, relational data models, and SQL. We are also looking for product managers who know how to move fast and help lead agile development teams by writing great user stories, data flow diagrams, and other requirements artifacts.
We promise this is the most fun you’ll have in your career and also the hardest thing you’ll do. Still interested? Here’s what you need to know:
**What will you do?**
- Develop a roadmap for our acquisition products in the consumer, agent, and API channel
- Work with our UX research and design team to come up with amazing shopping experiences that drive user satisfaction and conversion
- Bring your ideas to life with a team of world class developers by leading Agile ceremonies
- Constantly analyze the effectiveness of your product and strive to always make it better
- Facilitate Sprint Grooming, Sprint Planning, and technical architecture meetings with the Engineering team
- Write detailed API documentation that can be shared with third parties
- Be a thorough UAT tester, validating user stories throughout the entire technology stack
- And most importantly, think like the customer and always put them first
**What do you need?**
- Bachelor’s in Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field.
- 3+ years as a product manager who has D2C **eCommerce experience** in an Agile environment
- Know your way around a relational data model and have a high competency in SQL
- At least 2 years writing Acceptance Criteria, preferably in the form of BDD scenarios
- At least 2 years working on API driven applications and experience writing API documentation
- Natural curiosity and a passion for providing the best user experience possible
- Previous insurance experience is not needed, but is a plus.
- High levels of energy, integrity, and curiosity
- A bias for action and willingness to be accountable for your actions
- A sense of humor is also a must. We’re getting funnier but we can still be funnier-er.
**What's in it for you?**
- Unlimited PTO, we hire adults
- Equity for all employees, so you own a piece of the pie too
- Dental and Vision, we've got you covered 100%
- Medical, we cover 90% of your premium and contribute to your HSA and HRA (cha-ching)
- We invest in your future by contributing 3% of your salary to a 401(K), even if you don't
- Come to work pre-taxed through our FSA commuter benefits
- and yes, we have unlimited LaCroix, beer, snacks and the occasional ice cream social
Clearcover at a glance
Clearcover focuses on Financial Services, Artificial Intelligence, Insurance, Software, and Insurtech. Their company has offices in Chicago. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Clearcover has raised $104.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2020.