Zello is growing fast, and we’re looking for people who’ve thrived at startups—independent analytical thinkers who can collaborate across teams. Here, you’ll enjoy the energy and agility of a startup bolstered by the profitability and stability of an established brand. Our equitable office hierarchy, acceptance of all, and flexible work/life balance reflects our Austin hometown values. And we’ll actively invest in your education and wellness with world-class perks. Contact us to find out more!
Zello is live voice social. As the global leader Zello supports millions of communities around friends and family, common interest, making friends, or for urgent communication around weather or political events.
We need an experienced manager to create an environment where Zello channels thrive as useful and safe communities.
Your metrics will be growth in time spent in channels relative to those without moderation attention.
What you will do:
- Refine policies and tools for a process that efficiently scales.
- Recruit, train and manage a team of paid moderators who speak English, Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, and other languages.
- Reduce chaos and bad behavior by reviewing patterns and sharing advice for tools.
- Manage trending policies and tools.
- Define and track success metrics.
- Work closely with product management.
- Manage localization.
- Manage subpoena response and cooperation with law enforcement.
What you will bring:
- 3-10 years experience leading online community management
- Experience working as part of an early stage startup or small team
- Record of recruiting and onboarding remote part-time employees
- Record of building effective teams
- Experience with media, digital lifestyle or communications
- BA/BS or MBA
Over 120 million people worldwide use the Zello app to turn any smartphone or connected device into a walkie-talkie—anywhere with Wi-Fi or cellular data service. We connect friends, families, and communities. ZelloWork, our subscription business app, provides secure and customizable push-to-talk networks for top brands in every sector.
We believe in the concept of social-radio: social media powered by the simplicity of voice and its ability to make meaningful connections. Voice is our most trusted way of communicating and solving problems. By enabling live conversations, we believe people can become more cooperative, more compassionate, and less isolated.