Zello is growing fast, and we’re looking for people who’ve thrived at startups—independent analytical thinkers who can collaborate across teams. Here, you’ll enjoy the energy and agility of a startup bolstered by the profitability and stability of an established brand. Our equitable office hierarchy, acceptance of all, and flexible work/life balance reflects our Austin hometown values. And we’ll actively invest in your education and wellness with world-class perks. Contact us to find out more!
With over 100M users, Zello is the most popular push-to-talk app in the world, recently reaching #1 overall in the AppStore and Google Play. Created by a small team in Austin, TX, Zello was a key communication tool for search and rescue efforts during hurricanes Harvey and Irma in 2017. Thousands of companies including Honda, W Hotels, Cisco, Hubspot and IKEA use our business-focused ZelloWork product every day.
We are looking for a mobile apps developer to join our team full-time in our W6th street office to focus on our Android app. You will work closely with the product team to build the experience, directly impacting millions of users and our bottom line.
You must have
* Practical knowledge Java (+ Android SDK) and C++. Kotlin, Objective C and Swift will give you an edge -- we are cross-platform so chances are you'll need to step over to the dark side sometimes
* At least 3 years of software development experience for Android or iOS
* At least one completed app in Apple AppStore or Google Play -- include the links in your resume or cover letter
* Good understanding of OOP, concurrency, synchronization, memory management and all other little things which make software development complicated and highly paid job
* Clear understanding of how networks work (TCP, UDP, sockets, HTTP, TLS etc) -- how long does it take to send 10 kB email over 1 Gbps Google Fiber link and why
* Self-motivated and passionate attitude -- you wake up in the middle of the night to write down that great idea for your app you saw in your dream
* Attention to detail, urge to create beautiful things -- you want to swear when you see a blurry icon or misaligned button
A perfect candidate will have
* Understanding of digital audio and streaming
* MSc degree in computer science, math or related field
* Experience developing apps for multiple mobile platforms
* Experience working in fast-paced and agile startup environment
* Team player mindset and a great sense of humor
We offer a fun and flexible work environment, competitive salary, and generous stock options plan.
Out of state? So are we! 70% of the Zello team moved to Austin from places as far as 6000 miles away. We haven't regretted it and neither will you. Zello offers relocation help to qualified candidates.
Apply via AngelList or email us at email@example.com
Over 120 million people worldwide use the Zello app to turn any smartphone or connected device into a walkie-talkie—anywhere with Wi-Fi or cellular data service. We connect friends, families, and communities. ZelloWork, our subscription business app, provides secure and customizable push-to-talk networks for top brands in every sector.
We believe in the concept of social-radio: social media powered by the simplicity of voice and its ability to make meaningful connections. Voice is our most trusted way of communicating and solving problems. By enabling live conversations, we believe people can become more cooperative, more compassionate, and less isolated.