Blurr is raw, bursting with energy and in a constant state of definition as we grow and succeed in revolutionizing the way people share memories. We 100% believe our people are the backbone and largest driving force behind achieving this goal, so making sure the team is happy and excited to be a part of Blurr is priority number one. We work smarter, not harder, and advocate more than anyone the importance of taking your pleasure seriously. If you're intent on causing a genuine effect on people's lives. If you love the incredible benefits photos and social media provides to us as humans and if enjoy being part of an unconventional, energetic team all working towards the same goal; then Blurr is the place for you.
Blurr is revolutionizing the way we share memories, and we want a highly driven and ever-growing engineer to come onboard at a stage of national expansion for the company.
You will join the team as an early engineer, and your primary role will be front-end development of our iOS app. Your focus will be split between the content creation and content discovery side of our product. We're in a constant state of definition as we innovate on the way our app is capturing and displaying images, and you will be at forefront of reverse engineering these changes into product!
Key qualities we're looking for include:
- An expert in creating unique user-centric mobile experiences based on camera functionality
- Extensive knowledge curating and innovating user experiences with live image content
- A mind that can take user-centric ideas and reverse engineer them into UI and then functional product
- Deep interest and clear vision of how Social Media and Mobile is changing
- Expertise working with user-centric, social apps and a deep understanding of users triggers to interact and adopt a product
- A love for photos and re-living life's most memorable moments
- Confident and a self-starter - we don't ask for 'permission' here
- Not just able, but prefer and thrive from working and collaborating with others
- A clear love for emoji's - expect at least 100 a day in your Slack channels.
The Skills We Want:
- Objective-C like its your first language.
- An ever-growing knowledge of Swift. If you're already an expert even better.
- Extensive experience developing, releasing and maintaining native iOS Apps
- Worked at a Social Media startup? - It's like a match made in heaven
- Previous experience working with location-dependant Mobile applications
- Design Ability using Sketch and/or Photoshop a plus but not necessity
- Prototyping a plus but not a necessity
We're driving a definitive change in the way people take and share their photos, and having a lot of fun doing it. We're lucky enough to be expanding, and can't wait to get more people on board to share this journey with us. Now just remember:
Blurr settle's for nothing but excellence, and that starts with our people.
An app that allows people to take and instantly share photos with others directly around them. We solve the problem of getting instant access to memorable photos taken around you. The app only connects people at the same place, at the same time, and takes people’s photo taking from private to public in very small areas of space.
Put yourself at that college frat party, or sports game, or wedding. You open the app, press "Start Blurr" and your Blurr is live.
From then, every single picture taken by anyone else on the app within the radius (with a one hour backlog included) you set will populate on your live feed, thus. There aren’t profiles or friends, and we give you the ability to view any picture appearing on your feed, save it down to your phone permanently or share straight to Facebook or Instagram. Your Blurr will end if you leave the radius, or choose to ‘End Blurr’. Once ended, you have 24 hours to go back and view your Blurr before the pictures disappear.