The team at York IE have a proven history of operating and investing in successful fast-growth startups. In scaling IaaS/DNS company Dyn, driving product marketing and strategy for Oracle Cloud, and advising startups like Fastly, Datanyze, Catchpoint and Distil Networks, we've learned many great lessons that we take to our value-added GTM and growth focused angel investment strategy. We specialize in SaaS/IaaS and pick deals and founders we’re passionate about helping accomplish huge things.
Focused investments in the areas of Internet Technology, including:
- Enterprise Software (SaaS)
- Internet Infrastructure
- Cloud Computing & Security
- Sales & Marketing
- Data & Analytics
- Digital Media / Marketplace
- And... Family Business
Invested with great institutional investors and angels, including:
- Institutionals: Google Ventures, Matrix Partners, Battery Ventures, Foundry Group, Techstars Ventures, August Capital, Andreesen Horowitz, Amplify Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, Salesforce Ventures, Kickstart and many more
- Angels: Mark Cuban, Brad Feld, Jeremy LaTrasse, Matt Mullenweg, Gil Penchina, Mike Volpe, Jason Calacanis, Jeff Epstein, Tikhon Bernstam, Jonathan Abrams, Dave Morin, Wayne Chang, and many more
Anyone considering an investment in one of my syndicates should understand that these investments represent absolute risk, and there is a meaningful risk that they can lose all their money. There is no guarantee of a "soft landing" or acquisition if things do not go as planned. In addition, there is no guarantee that, even in a successful company, there will be opportunity for liquidity for the shares represented and an investor should be prepared to have their capital committed for ten years, or more without liquidity.
We will syndicate deals where the founder allows and we think fits our backer profile. We also are co-founders and Managing Partners of the York IE SaaS Syndicate (bigger checks, tad later stage). The deals done here will be the ones in which we're taking a calculated earlier stage risk, but have confidence in the upside returns. Let’s go build good companies, create jobs, grow generational wealth, and impact the world.