Yonomi is an Internet of Things startup working on consumer and enterprise focused connected smart home platforms. We are looking for a couple of great software development interns to help build out our awesome IoT products.
You may be responsible or assist with development across an extensive set of projects including: back-end platform development, API design and development, 3rd-party device integration with a wide range of consumer-focused connected devices.
We have offices in downtown Austin, Texas and Boulder, Colorado, and are accepting applicants for either location.
• Passion for connected devices, the internet of things, and smart homes
• A desire to help where needed, learn as you go, and contribute to a fast-growing startup
• Working towards a Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar degree, or a high school diploma with a strong background in software development and computer science
• Experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDB, DynamoDB)
• Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• Experience interacting with web services (REST, JSON) and implementing data serialization and deserialization
• Some experience with Git, writing unit tests, continuous deployment, and code documentation
• Desire to work with a small, world-class and hard driving team to push connected-home technology forward and make users lives easier
• Ability to communicate and work effectively with a distributed team working in a few beautiful cities.
• Knowledge of connected devices, smart home technology, home automation, and the internet of things
• Experience integrating with third-party cloud APIs and mobile SDKs
• Experience deploying and managing services on AWS or Heroku
• Experience with low-level protocols including HTTP and UPnP
• Full-stack experience and the ability and desire to contribute to a small-team in multiple ways
*Our commitment to you*
• A very fun, very hands-on job where you will be able to contribute directly to the end product
• A fast paced development environment where you will help us ship code and releases
• We will provide guidance and help you learn new skills throughout your internship
• You will contribute in all areas to the Engineering team -- whether it be development, testing, documentation, support or anywhere else required. Everyone on the team no matter their position contributes and you'll get to do the same.
• You get to come play with awesome connected gadgets and smart home devices!. We'll even buy some for you to take home!
Yonomi is a funded, revenue-generated startup developing a powerful cloud platform and suite of apps that dramatically enhance and simplify life with connected devices. Yonomi is currently available as a mobile app on both Android and iOS, with other exciting platforms soon to follow. The Yonomi mobile app automatically discovers connected devices and then helps you combine them into simple routines that do things like turn on the lights when you arrive home, adjust the thermostat when you leave, or brew a pot of coffee and play a lullaby when your baby wakes up. Yonomi already works with over 60 popular smart home devices products such as Belkin Wemo switches, Philips Hue lights, Nest thermostats, Sonos speakers, Amazon Echo, and many more.
We are a talented, high performance team pioneering what we believe to be the most important new consumer technology arena in our lifetime. If you possess exceptional talent and can match our passion for changing the world, we'd love to have you join us for what's sure to be an incredible ride!
Yonomi is the IoT company bringing your home to life. We build smart home technologies for people and companies to connect devices, integrate platforms, and streamline the smart home experience.
With our Yonomi One and Yonomi ThinCloud products, we partner with innovative companies like Schlage® and Gentex to drive a new era of smart home experiences. Our products provide developers with the tools to build, integrate, and scale consumer focused products and services.
Used in more than 150 countries, the Yonomi App is the best way to create automated routines for all your smart home devices. Yonomi makes it simple to discover and connect the most popular devices through one simple app to truly automate your home.
Yonomi was founded in 2013 and is dual-headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, and Austin, Texas.
Bring your home to life.™