Want to play with a bunch of cutting-edge smart home technology and cool toys everyday at work? Yonomi has the job for you! We are seeking a senior Android Developer in either Austin, Texas or Boulder, Colorado.
Learn more about Yonomi at https://www.yonomi.co or check-out the Android app at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.yonomi
Yonomi is an Internet of Things startup working on a consumer connected smart home platform. We are hiring an exceptional full-time Android developer.
You will be responsible for all Android application development, influence the user-experience and design, and work on and contribute to new exciting interfaces like WearOS, Android TV, Google Home and the Google Assistant, Chromecast and more.
We have beautiful offices in downtown Austin, Texas and Boulder, Colorado, and are accepting applicants for either location.
• Deep experience in Android development, Java, Android Studio, Android SDKs, and associated tools and libraries.
• Experience with third-party libraries and integrations including Fabric, Crashlytics, Google Analytics, and more.
* Experience with Kotlin is a strong plus.
* Prior experience developing, publishing, and maintaining production-level Android apps.
• Interest and immersion in the Google, Chrome, and Android set of ecosystems
• Willingness to take ownership of Android mobile applications, and the ability to drive projects to completion individually or as part of a team
• Passion for connected devices, the internet of things, and smart homes
• Interest in developing applications for new platforms, including wearables, set-top boxes, and more
• Desire to work on cutting-edge UX and UI design in order to create beautiful and easy-to-use mobile apps
• Experience working with mobile-client frameworks for Android
• Experience building mobile SDKs for Android
• Experience interacting with web services (REST, JSON, XML, SOAP) and implementing data serialization and deserialization
• Experience with Git, writing unit tests, continuous deployment, and code documentation
• Interest in pushing frameworks and SDKs to their limits to enable functionality competitors can't match
• Desire to work with a small, world-class and hard driving team to push connected-home technology forward and make users lives easier
• Ability to communicate and work effectively with a distributed team working in a few beautiful cities. Occasional travel to Austin or Boulder may be required.
• Deep knowledge of connected devices, smart home technology, home automation, and the internet of things
• Experience integrating with third-party cloud APIs and mobile SDKs
• Experience with low-level protocols including HTTP and UPnP
• Experience with NoSQL databases
• Full-stack experience and the ability and desire to contribute to a small-team in multiple ways
Yonomi is a Series-A funded, revenue-generating startup developing a powerful cloud platform and suite of apps that dramatically enhance and simplify life with connected devices. Yonomi is currently available as a mobile app on both Android and iOS, with other exciting platforms soon to follow. The Yonomi mobile app automatically discovers connected devices and then helps you combine them in to simple routines that do things like turn on the lights when you arrive home, adjust the thermostat when you leave, or brew a pot of coffee and play a lullaby when your baby wakes up. Yonomi already works with over 60 popular smart home devices products such as Belkin Wemo switches, Philips Hue lights, Nest thermostats, Sonos speakers, Amazon Echo, and many more.
Yonomi also develops two enterprise cloud platforms -- Yonomi ThinCloud and Yonomi One. You can read more about those here: https://platform.yonomi.co/
We are a talented, high performance team pioneering what we believe to be the most important new consumer technology arena in our lifetime. If you possess exceptional talent and can match our passion for changing the world, we'd love to have you join us for what's sure to be an incredible ride!
Yonomi is the IoT company bringing your home to life. We build smart home technologies for people and companies to connect devices, integrate platforms, and streamline the smart home experience.
With our Yonomi One and Yonomi ThinCloud products, we partner with innovative companies like Schlage® and Gentex to drive a new era of smart home experiences. Our products provide developers with the tools to build, integrate, and scale consumer focused products and services.
Used in more than 150 countries, the Yonomi App is the best way to create automated routines for all your smart home devices. Yonomi makes it simple to discover and connect the most popular devices through one simple app to truly automate your home.
Yonomi was founded in 2013 and is dual-headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, and Austin, Texas.
Bring your home to life.™