As a Growth Engineer at Yesware, you’ll be driving company growth at the intersection of marketing, engineering, and data. You'll work on our marketing team to optimize our online presence for SEO and SEM, try new experiments to improve website conversion rates, build landing pages and many other marketing-focused efforts to attract new users and grow Yesware’s customer base. From this collaborative foundation, we’d love if you were excited to fully own these projects through to being shipped!
You’re perfect for this role if:
- You love to experiment. You know sometimes the best ideas are counterintuitive and understand how to use data and split testing to challenge assumptions.
- You take pride in your craft. You sweat the small stuff, and believe that excellence in any one piece increases the potential of the whole project.
- You speak Marketing and Engineering. You can explain business and marketing needs to developers, and vice versa.
What you’ll be doing:
- Oversee on-going website development to improve user acquisition and trial conversions.
- Build beautifully executed, intuitive, and responsive web pages.
- Optimize user experiences for lead capture, such as the signup flow.
- Implement analytics to find where users are engaging, which triggers drive conversion, what works and what doesn’t.
- Work with Google Analytics, Heap, Segment, Optimizely, and other analytics tools to evaluate data around user behavior, conversion rates, and funnel analysis to come up with ideas on how to improve.
- Report on key metrics and deliverables monthly to the CEO and executive team, and to your marketing colleagues in our collaborative, weekly team meetings.
- Evaluate emerging technologies. Offer guidance and perspective for adoption when appropriate.
- Work with Engineering, Product, and Operations teams to successfully implement and adopt new marketing tools and platforms.
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of experience in web development.
- Strong web design aesthetic and experience working alongside designers to turn a design mockup into a functional webpage.
- Proven experience with implementing website testing technologies and building channel tracking.
- Understanding of A/B testing, conversion rate optimization, cohort analysis, funnel analysis, and segmentation analysis.
- Track record of leading complex projects and owning the site strategy from a infrastructure and code perspective.
- Marketing automation experience is a giant plus.
About the Team
The Yesware marketing team is a small, versatile, data driven, and friendly group that employs a B2C2B business model to acquire users and grow our customer base (similar to Slack and Expensify). We are constantly pushing ourselves to learn new growth strategies, tactics, and techniques. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to be involved in growing a product from thousands to millions of paying customers while learning and working with some of the best along the way.
About the Company
Yesware is a team of smart, ambitious, kind people working together to empower each other and our customers. We build, market, and sell a one-of-a-kind sales platform that helps salespeople sell smarter, right from their inbox.
You can find us in our 15th floor office, conveniently located in downtown Boston. We offer competitive compensation comprised of salary, equity and bonuses. We also offer a growing list of benefits: health, dental, 401(k), life insurance, flexible spending account, as well as gym and public transportation reimbursement. Don't worry about vacation, you can take it when you need it. Additional perks include weekly wellness classes, professional coaching, free daily catered lunch, and a ride home with Uber when you need it.
Yesware is proud to be venture-backed by investors including the Foundry Group, Battery Ventures, and Google Ventures. Our customers range from young startups of all sizes, to some of the biggest names in business, like Yelp, Acquia, Groupon, Zendesk, and many more. We live out our core values everyday in a mission to serve our customers and to make Yesware the best place we’ve ever worked.
We make, market and sell a prescriptive sales platform that helps sales teams prospect, connect, and close faster and more effectively. We connect to the tools sales reps use every day to provide actionable data on how to engage with prospects, and give managers better insight into the sales pipeline. Integrated into mobile email, Gmail and Outlook, Yesware provides email tracking and analytics, customizable sales templates, CRM integration, Mail Merge, Click-to-Call and presentation tracking, to help salespeople remove barriers to productivity and make smarter decisions, faster.