Wunder was founded with one simple vision: to address the greatest crisis of our generation by accelerating the proliferation of solar energy. Members of our team have raised hundreds of millions of dollars in private equity, developed innovative energy infrastructure solutions for the Department of Energy, and built digital products that are used and loved by millions of people. Now, we’re saving the world.
We have many exciting opportunities here at Wunder for talented, motivated force-multipliers to join our fast-growing team and create a lot of value -- even if they don't have a background in renewables or experience performing the exact role for which they're brought on. This role, however, is different in that you need to have either:
1. Experience raising Tax Equity for renewable energy projects at one of the leading installers or developers; or,
2. Experience investing in Tax Equity products or facilitating Tax Equity transactions at a bank, advisory shop, or large corporate (e.g., supply-side).
Your role, broadly speaking, will be to solve problems and push renewable energy forward. If you know this market cold, then you already know that the last remaining tax equity market to be unlocked is <2 MW commercial. At Wunder we're using technology to crack the commercial solar financing opportunity, and we’re looking for someone to lead our Tax Equity charge. Your "day-to-day" will change day to day, and it will include everything from developing relationships to running a tight fundraising process, managing transactional logistics, and providing best-in-class service to our valued investment community.
If you get excited about bringing an entirely new asset class to market, cultivating relationships with new investors, building an organization aimed at saving the world, and ensuring that all of the details needed to make all of that happen are covered, then this is the role for you.
• This Is What You Do - You have 5+ years of experience in the renewable energy finance world. It’s possible that a background in affordable housing tax credits or other related markets may work, but naturally we have a strong preference for experience in renewable energy and Tax Equity.
• You Can Talk the Talk and Walk the Walk - Ideally you have some Tax Equity fundraising experience under your belt, on either side of the table.
• Superior Written, Oral, and Presentation Skills - You're happy to work the phones, fire off a bunch of emails, or shake some hands.
• A No-Task-Is-Too-Small Attitude - Wunder is a small, scrappy financial technology company, but we close big deals and make a big impact. A lot needs to get done in the process, and there's no room for ego here.
• You have a Team Ethos - You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced startup environment, with people who are passionate about their work and mission. You’re not just excited to work cross- functionally, you demand it.
• You’re Flexible, a Quick Responder - The problem we’re trying to solve as an organization is dynamic and each day brings fresh and exciting challenges. You can react quickly and efficiently when called upon to change or pivot.
• You Believe That No Problem is Too Hard - In an industry where people are constantly stuck, we find ways to get it done. You know how to articulate and roll out solutions, recognizing there are many solutions to the same problem. You find new and effective ways to streamline and create processes to increase efficiency.
Wunder was founded with one simple vision: to address the greatest crisis of our generation by accelerating the proliferation of solar energy by cracking the one market that hasn’t been, distributed commercial. Members of our team have raised hundreds of millions of dollars in private equity, developed innovative energy infrastructure solutions for the Department of Energy, and built digital products that are used and loved by millions of people. Now, we’re saving the world.
Our office is a unique hybrid of engineering, design, and business development. Although our backgrounds and responsibilities vary wildly, we’re a tight-knit bunch that loves cross-pollination! And while our mission is big, we try to keep things light. We provide a happy, productive workplace, and we’re constantly improving it! You’ll find us hustling on the job while also cycling, hiking, boarding, skiing, camping, and having late-night dinner parties all over our mile-high home; Boulder, CO.
Our employees enjoy full benefits, unlimited vacation time, a competitive salary, stock options, and one of the only tangible opportunities to truly save the world.
SOME BENEFITS TO LOOK FORWARD TO
• One of the only tangible opportunities to truly save the world!
• A big, bright, convenient, modern and very funky office in Downtown Boulder
• Flexible work schedule and availability to work from Denver
• Fully stocked kitchen with drinks, snacks, and treats
• Health, dental, vision benefits, and matching 401K
• Unlimited PTO and equity
Wunder leverages proprietary technology and industry expertise to connect accredited investors and financial institutions with diversified portfolios of commercial-scale solar projects across the U.S..
To do this, we start by sourcing solar investment opportunities from our national network of top-tier solar installation and development partners. Our underwriting engine then rigorously assesses a wide range of project characteristics, selecting a diversified portfolio of projects for each investment fund.
Located in Boulder, Colorado, Wunder is the first solar company to be backed by Techstars.