At Workyard, we’re building a B2B labor marketplace that connects construction companies with relevant, vetted subcontractors and workers, connecting them in a matter of in minutes and providing a simplified bidding experience to increase trust and transparency for both parties.
We’re looking for senior designer to drive end to end design of key product and growth initiatives. This is an exciting opportunity to join a company who has a design centric culture and believes great design is key to achieving core company goals over the next 12 months and beyond!
Who you are:
• Thoughtful: empathy with customers and a strong drive to understand their problems is critical
• Collaborative: you take on feedback and love sharing ideas
• Analytical: you want to understand the impact of your work and iterate on new ideas
• Conceptualise, wireframe, design, and ship projects, end to end.
• Work on lo-fi sketches right through to high-fi designs
• Ability to understand and prioritise big picture business goals and translate vision into usable and beautiful mobile/web experiences
•Clearly articulate design decisions to key stakeholders (founders/product managers) during critiques
• Create design specifications for engineering team
• Bachelors degree
• Experience in a product design role
• Excellent proficiency with Sketch, Invision, Adobe Creative Suite
• Portfolio of work demonstrating experience:
• High attention to detail
• Strong UX experience
• Shipping projects across a variety of platforms - iPhone, Android, and the web
• Solid understanding of grid systems, typography and UX principles
• Experience designing flows that involve a financial transaction
• Previous design experience in an e-commerce or marketplace platform
• Ability to create rapid app/web functional prototypes
• You’re an entrepreneur yourself, show us your side project!
• A link to your portfolio
• 1-2 page resume documenting your experience
$300 billion gets spent on construction labor each year. Contractors are constantly building and dissolving teams of subcontractors. They often entrust strangers with $10K+ jobs that make or break their projects. People are getting paid late or not at all. And most of this happens offline… Frankly it’s messy!
At Workyard, we’re building a B2B labor marketplace that connects construction companies with trusted subcontractors in minutes and provides simple bid-pay experience that increases trust & transparency for both parties.
We’re a small team that kicks goals, having grown jobs on our platform 10x in the last 12 months. We move fast and mix technology and elbow grease every day with a sole focus of increasing the number of great people we connect.
Interested? We'd love to hear from you!