Every so often a company appears and transforms how an industry works. Workyard has the chance to be one of these companies, and we’re looking for team members to help us shape Workyard and ultimately change the way the world around you gets built.
$300 billion gets spent on construction labor every year, and that number is growing. Contractors are constantly building then dissolving teams of subcontractors and workers. They often entrust strangers with $10k+ jobs that can make or break projects. Subcontractors and workers often get paid late, or not at all. And most of this is happening offline … Frankly, it’s a bit of a mess!
At Workyard, we’re building a B2B labor marketplace that connects construction companies with relevant, vetted subcontractors and workers, connecting them in a matter of in minutes and providing simplify bidding and payment to increase trust and transparency for both parties.
We’re a nimble, no-bs team who moves fast with a laser-focus on end results. In the last 12 months we’ve grown driving metrics by 10x, and the next 12 months is an exciting time be involved and help us achieve growth worthy of attention!
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for senior product designer to take charge of our product, end to end. An exciting opportunity to join a company who has a design centric culture and believes great design is key to solving core growth goals over the next 12 months and beyond!
Who you are:
• Thoughtful: empathy with customers and a strong drive to understand their problems
• Collaborative: you take on feedback and love sharing ideas
• Analytical: you want to understand the impact of your work and iterate on new ideas
• Conceptualise, wireframe, design, and ship projects, end to end.
• Work on lo-fi sketches right through to high-fi designs
• Ability to understand and prioritise big picture business goals and translate vision into usable and beautiful mobile/web experiences
•Clearly articulate design decisions to key stakeholders (founders/product managers) during critiques
• Create design specifications for engineering team
• Bachelors degree
• Experience in a product design role
• Excellent proficiency with Sketch, Invision, Adobe Creative Suite
• Portfolio of work demonstrating experience:
• High attention to detail
• Strong UX experience
• Shipping projects across a variety of platforms - iPhone, Android, and the web
• Solid understanding of grid systems, typography and UX principles
• Experience designing flows that involve a financial transaction
• Previous design experience in an e-commerce or marketplace platform
• Ability to create rapid app/web functional prototypes
• You’re an entrepreneur yourself, show us your side project!
• A link to your portfolio
• 1-2 page resume documenting your experience
$300 billion gets spent on construction labor each year. Contractors are constantly building and dissolving teams of subcontractors. They often entrust strangers with $10K+ jobs that make or break their projects. People are getting paid late or not at all. And most of this happens offline… Frankly it’s messy!
At Workyard, we’re building a B2B labor marketplace that connects construction companies with trusted subcontractors in minutes and provides simple bid-pay experience that increases trust & transparency for both parties.
We’re a small team that kicks goals, having grown jobs on our platform 10x in the last 12 months. We move fast and mix technology and elbow grease every day with a sole focus of increasing the number of great people we connect.
Interested? We'd love to hear from you!