Building delightful robots for children to program. Formerly Play-i
Discover a new world of play, learning and adventure - Meet Dash, the explorer and Dot, the storyteller.
Delightful robots that fuse play with programming for every child.
We are passionate parents, technologists, kids-at-heart, builders, tinkerers, foodies, teachers, researchers, and fun-loving people, all driven and inspired by the potential of each and every child.
We are a small team on a big mission to bring learning and laughter to children around the world. We believe that every child should be empowered to question, think, and create. We want to encourage them to be curious and to find their own joy in learning. Coding enables creativity and agency in this new world. By learning to code, they are becoming shapers of their own world.
Why work for us?
• We're off to a great start! We’re well funded, just shipped our first 20k units, are getting rave reviews, and recently made it all the way to the White House (bit.ly/1qvLoZz)!
• We enjoy immense satisfaction in our work by bringing CS education to little ones
• We've got vision - our friendly robots, Dash & Dot, are the first in a series of many interactive robot friends geared toward learning
• We're solving tough technical challenges in creating a learning platform. We have electro-mechanical, firmware, and software along with apps and games. Stir all of it together and make the UI so simple a 5 year old can use it. Sound fun? Good.
• We embrace tangible computing combined with an open world theory which makes play a powerful teacher for computer science fundamentals – we think this is cool