We all know that irrespective of income, we can be bad at managing our money.
More than 16m people in the UK have less than £100 in savings. 28% of UK adults have nothing at all in the bank. Yes, it’s mind-boggling! But what makes money management hard? The answer is friction, temptation and mediocre existing solutions.
We're working on making personal finance smart, fun and simple through a quirky bot that, right now, helps thousands of people saving money without having to think about it. In fact, we've hit £1 million in savings recently.
We've very recently closed an over-subscribed £700k crowdfunding round in 5 days, led by 500 Startups and we're looking to grow our tech team (3 people right now) with a Web Engineer to own our React frontend and really take it to the next level.
Plum is available on Messenger and the web, and our dashboard is embedded in Messenger using webviews. We use Redux for state management but we're open in exploring other alternatives like MobX. We're also looking into React Native for building iOS and Android apps.
Is this role for you?
You'll fit right in if you enjoy working without rigid processes in place and accept that, at an early stage startup, "getting it done" is more important that "getting it perfect".
We don't care about schools or degrees – we're looking for passion, a good sense of design and an affection towards the customer. We'll need you to hit the ground running so past experience in shipping React applications used by lots of users is essential.
You will be joining a team very early on as it is embarking on a journey to define its product. As a consequence, you will have unparalleled influence in our future direction. You need to be comfortable with this.
We like to work with people that think like entrepreneurs and really want to build and own something. This company will be your company and you will have to make the decisions needed to make it great.
- Company stock options
- 28 days of paid holiday (excluding bank holidays)
- A beautiful co-working space (Shack 15) in the heart of Shoreditch with a cafe, bar and ping-pong table
- Team breakfast
Plum is your personal savings assistant — it monitors your daily spending and automagically sets money aside that you won't need. Because saying “#yolo” is a bit too tempting sometimes.
1. Plum will analyse your account so it can learn about your income, expenses and spending patterns. Your data is safe with us – we employ bank-grade security and work with all UK financial institutions.
2. Plum monitors your current account and every few days transfers some money from it to your Plum savings. You can access that money instantly at any time, so you don't have to worry about unexpected expenses.
3. Plum notifies you about your balance, gives you super-fast access to your savings and offers tips on how to save more. All over Messenger, so no more apps to download.