Our mission is to help people save money without even lifting a finger. We’ve always hated saving money, but we wanted to change that. We decided to make Plum, so that there would be an easier way to save money to spend on things we want, rather than the things we need. We like to work with people that think like entrepreneurs, that really want to build and own something. This company will be your company and you will have to make decisions to drive its success!
We are a team of 7 with a background in growing early stage startups to large established brands. Victor (CEO) joined TransferWise when there were a handful of people in London and built the team that launched TransferWise in 25 countries. Alex (CTO) scaled the payments infrastructure for hundreds of thousands of Tictail merchants. It is a great time to join, as we are introducing new exciting features to our growing user base and becoming a key player in the Fintech scene.
We expect that:
* You have recently graduated (0-2 years) and want to join us for a *3-month internship* with a potential for a full-time role at the end of it
* You are excited about Plum!
* You care deeply about users and you are passionate about helping them when they face challenges or have questions about Plum
* You have excellent written communication skills
* You are organised and good in prioritising tasks
* You are tech savvy and enjoy working with new software and technologies
What you can imagine doing:
* Assisting users via email and Facebook Messenger and providing the team with insights on the issues they face
* Suggesting improvements on the product based on the interaction with users and operational experience
* Being involved in the operational processes of Plum, liaising with the development team and external partners to make sure we provide an excellent service to our users
* Monitoring operational performance and finding ways to improve it
* Coming up and implementing ideas on how to impress and satisfy users
* Organising user events and feedback workshops
* Reporting to the Commercial and Operations Lead
* You want to understand the inner workings of a startup and get hands-on experience
* You are ambitious
* You have an inquisitive mind, you like to learn new things and challenge the ordinary
* You are a top performer
* You love working in a team and you enjoy taking responsibility and ownership of tasks
* You are passionate about making the world a better place
Perks – A beautiful co-working space (Shack 15) in the heart of Shoreditch with a cafe, bar and ping-pong table – Free snacks, coffee and drinks - All-hands breakfast once a week - Fun team events!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
Plum is your personal savings assistant — it monitors your daily spending and automagically sets money aside that you won't need. Because saying “#yolo” is a bit too tempting sometimes.
1. Plum will analyse your account so it can learn about your income, expenses and spending patterns. Your data is safe with us – we employ bank-grade security and work with all UK financial institutions.
2. Plum monitors your current account and every few days transfers some money from it to your Plum savings. You can access that money instantly at any time, so you don't have to worry about unexpected expenses.
3. Plum notifies you about your balance, gives you super-fast access to your savings and offers tips on how to save more. All over Messenger, so no more apps to download.