We're looking for firmware engineers to build the future of hearing instruments and take on significant leadership and responsibility at a fast-growing startup. Relevant experience includes:
- Low level linux experience, including device trees, drivers, uboot, and exotic platforms
- Embedded experience on bare metal ARM and peripherals. Deep knowledge of the tools and workflow (JLink, OpenOCD, Logic analyzers).
- Prior Audio DSP work or experience with ARM SIMD/Hexagon extremely relevant
- Similar bonus for prior RF protocol work - FEC, channel hopping, synchronizing multiple devices from a practical embedded perspective
- Drive to build systems that haven't existed before vs simply rehash existing hardware
Skills - must have:
- Proficient in c, python
- Comfortable reading schematics and datasheets
- Know your way around hardware debugging tools: oscilloscope, logic analyzer
- Experience with embedded stacks for ARM cores
- Strict power and latency constraints, i.e experience working on a battery powered device
Nice to Have:
- Linux kernel and system programming
- RF / BLE experience and spectrum analyzer, network analyzer know-how
- Experience with Audio DSP
If you're interested in difficult and novel problems in embedded audio, immediate ownership of company defining decisions, top compensation, and work which directly helps 360MM+ people hear again - we'd love to hear from you.
Whisper.ai is an an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce with an inclusive working environment for everyone to do their best work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Whisper uses deep learning in hearing aids to amplify only the voices and sounds of interest - the #1 need for 360MM+ folks with hearing loss. Our system has 10x the noise reduction of the leading competitors with a lower price point - and builds the dataset and footprint for the best hearing and voice algorithms in the world. We've got top audiologists and hospitals on board, proof of concept functionality, preorders, tier 1 investors, and an amazing engineering team. If you're passionate about expanding the capacity of humankind, helping folks, and research grade technical work we'd love to talk to you!