You live and breathe complex data, and understand the importance of streamlining a robust and growing system. You get energized by leveraging data infrastructures to help businesses grow.
VSCO is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to evolve and scale our data infrastructure systems and to oversee large sets of complex data to inform and make an impact on engineering and business decisions. As VSCO continues to expand and innovate, we face some unique scalability challenges — in this role, you will hone the power of analytics and oversee our data pipeline to influence how we grow our business.
- Collaborate with engineering and cross-functional teams to build reliable, scalable, and maintainable applications across multiple systems
- Design, develop, deliver, and maintain large-scale data infrastructures
- Work with streaming and batch processing systems to enable accurate and timely data-driven decision-making
- Implement systems and process efficiencies for tracking data quality and consistency
- BS, MS, or PhD in computer science, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience in large-scale software engineering
- Experience with "big data" platforms (ex: Spark, Hadoop MapReduce)
- Deep understanding of the JVM
- Proficiency with software engineering best practices (monitoring, testing, documentation, etc.)
Nice to have
- Passionate about people development and providing mentorship to others
- Experience with Kafka, Spark, Parquet, Presto, Redshift, and Airflow or similar scheduling tools
- Experience in distributed systems, database internals, and performance analysis
- Comfort working with bleeding-edge open-source technologies
- An appreciation for photography and/or other aspects of the arts
VSCO® is an art and technology company that empowers creative expression around the world. Founded in 2011, VSCO is headquartered in Oakland, CA.
Free delicious breakfasts and lunches daily, amazing snack selections, and the best coffee in the Bay Area. Equity, health, vision and dental insurance for families, and a flexible vacation policy.
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want to work with people who are driven and demonstrate initiative in taking our mission to the next level.
The Working Life
At VSCO, everyone works hard but also takes the time to enjoy life outside of the office. Balance is important to us.
It Won’t Be Boring
Try new things. Think outside the box. We celebrate an environment that fights stagnation and challenges the status quo.
Interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at VSCO and what we should know about you.
VSCO believes in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating that which makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster diverse perspectives within VSCO as we continue to build an inclusive culture.
VSCO is a photo company for creators, by creators. We build creative tools and a community driven by self-expression.