Vidora supercharges businesses by giving teams the ability to implement state-of-the-art machine learning models without any technical knowledge required. Through an intuitive point-and-click interface, anybody can tackle the business's most difficult problems without getting bogged down in technical details. The platform transforms raw data into machine learning predictions through a series of automated processing steps including automated feature cleaning, feature engineering, and model selection.
Vidora provides the only self-service machine learning solution on the market which enables non-technical users to implement state-of-the-art machine learning models. The platform transforms raw data into machine learning predictions through a series of automated processing steps including automated feature cleaning, feature engineering, and model selection. Our Backend Engineer will be responsible for building out the sophisticated pipeline and infrastructure necessary to automate these processes further ultimately putting more power into the hands of our customers.
Vidora's customers include large, well-recognized brands including News Corp, Walmart, Discovery, and Forever21. Vidora is cash-flow positive, founded by PhDs and graduates from Stanford, Caltech, and Berkeley, and headquartered in beautiful San Francisco.
Learn more about how Vidora is changing machine learning by watching this video from our CEO - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cNeN0W7n1g
What do we look for in candidates?
- Opportunity: Can Vidora provide an environment for the candidate to grow their career?
- Perseverance: Will the candidate deal well with the inevitable adversity encountered in a growing company like Vidora?
- Drive: We don’t want Vidora to be an average company. We want to transform how companies leverage machine learning. We’re looking for candidates with big aspirations for their careers and their lives.
- Acumen: Machine learning is hard. Big data is hard. The space is evolving and changing at a rapid pace. Vidora is looking for candidates who can not only keep up but get ahead.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Devise solutions to performance and scalability challenges as our customer data set continues to grow
- Work on large scale distributed systems that enable machine learning on billions of data points and terabytes of data.
- Work closely with product management, design and internal teams to understand needs and develop solutions to improving operations and end-user experience
- Deliver APIs that make it easy for developers to interact with machine learning models, predictions, and personalization solutions
- Extract unique insights from our customers’ data that enable them to understand the impact that machine learning has on their business
- Knowledge of CS fundamentals and code organization
- 5+ years of software development experience or equivalent
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar experience, MS a plus
- Hands-on experience with data and feature engineering
- Experience with Spark and related large-scale distributed systems technologies
- Critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills
- Great communication skills and a strong team player
Technologies we use:
- Python, Ruby / Rails
- Spark, AWS
- Cassandra, Redis
Vidora enables anyone in any business to build and use complex machine learning models. With Vidora's self-service platform, Cortex, machine learning is intuitive, interpretable and fast, automating the entire machine learning pipeline from raw data to model outputs. Developed by experts in machine learning and artificial intelligence from Stanford, Berkeley and Caltech, Cortex sits at the heart of some of the largest global brands, such as Walmart, News Corp, and Discovery.