Join a world-class team of business leaders, engineers and software developers that are passionate about democratizing mechanical engineering for machine design
Vention is the 1st digital manufacturing platform dedicated to machine design. Vention works with flagship manufacturing companies across the world, empowering their engineers to design, order and assemble industrial equipment as fast as 3 days.
Reporting to the CTO, your role will be to lead the entire development of Vention's e-Commerce platform, with projects spanning the entire stack
- Lead development of strategic features of the Vention's website, such as the referral program, credit against future purchases, etc.
- Optimize the site architecture to reach SEO traffic targets
- Improve the deployment of Stripe payment API, providing an improved user experience (e.g., improved error message management)
- Continue the integration of Vention back-end infrastructure with various logistic providers' APIs (i.e., UPS, FedEx, etc.)
- Accelerate the development of Vention's predictive inventory management application, working in proximity with the operations team
- Help automate Vention's pick & ship process, streamlining required time to process each client order.
- Support various marketing automation initiatives (i.e., auto-mailer, integration with Google Analytics, etc.)
- Improve Vention part management infrastructure, reducing lead-time to publish engineering component to the website
- Minimum of undergraduate degree in a related field (e.g. maths, engineering, software)
-7 years of experience in full-stack programming in context of web applications
- Positive, will-to-win attitude with highly developed sense of accountability and ownership
- Ability and willingness to adapt to breakneck speed of execution
- Proactive problem solver capable of identifying issues and generating solutions
- Extreme attention to detail in the context of customer satisfaction
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and team skills
- One of the fastest growing digital manufacturing platforms in US and Canada.
- Serves flagship clients in the automotive, aerospace, robotics and electronics industries
- Recently closed a $3.5M in seed investment round led by White Star Capital, alongside Real Ventures and Bolt.
- One of Montreal's top 10 tech companies to watch in 2018
- Has won 2nd place the Harvard Business School Startup competition in 2017
-Graduated from Creative Destruction Lab in Toronto, Laureate from Fondation de Montreal, Finalist at Automate 2017
Vention enables mechanical designers to design, order and assemble custom industrial equipment as fast as 3 business days, using a 3D Machine Builder™ and modular hardware platform