Please send your resume and cover letter along with your compensation requirements. This is a local, contract position, no relocation will be provided, and we do not accept remote work.
A Software Engineering Contractor in the Santa Monica, CA division of a growing Engineering Team: a high-performance culture marked by creativeness and passion. We focus on the development of key technologies that advance our mission of bringing highly experiential digital goods to everyone, everywhere.
As a Server Backend team member, you'll have a direct impact on the innovation of cutting edge technologies, including blockchain assets. As a team, we are ambitious, engaged and excited about disrupting the digital goods industry.
Here are the kinds of skills we're looking for:
• Fast learner. We're looking for team members who thrive on applying their knowledge, learning new technologies and who don't believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to adapt easily to meet the rapid pace of a rapidly evolving research, development, and testing environment.
• Fearlessness. You think a working proof-of-concept is the best way to make a point. You strive to prove that speed and quality are not conflicting; that you can achieve both at the same time.
• Versatility. In addition to having an intimate knowledge of core engineering fields, you understand how all the pieces fit together into integrated systems, and how they impact performance.
• Passion. You feel ownership over everything you ship; you'd never call code or design "released" until you're confident it's correct. You pride yourself on efficient monitoring, strong documentation, and proper test coverage.
• A team player. You believe that you can achieve more on a team -- that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
Qualities we're looking for:
• You enjoy building engaging apps that have the potential to change the industry
• You care about creating apps that are simple to use, yet highly functional
• You're a quality fanatic. You like to go fast, but you also recognize the importance of testing and quality assurance.
Skills we're looking for:
• At least three years programming experience in Python.
• A firm grasp of data structure and algorithm fundamentals and how to apply them in real-world applications.
• Previous experience developing backends for mobile Apps.
• Experience or interest in full-stack development is not required, but is a plus.
• Ability to identify testing gaps and improve tests, test strategies, and code coverage
• Prior experience working in Linux environments
• MS in computer science preferred but not required.
Depending on skills, we may consider a contract-to-hire arrangement.
Introducing the vAtom
vAtoms digitize anything of value such as goods, services, or discounts and transform them into interactive and relevant digital experiences.
Obtained through advertising, sharing, or augmented reality, vAtoms are live on vAtomic’s secure platform and can be stored, shared, played, or redeemed for a physical good, service, or simply exist in the digital world.