Who We Are
Loom is a new kind of work communication tool that helps people get their messages across through instantly shareable videos. With Loom, you can capture your screen, record your front-facing camera, and narrate your video all at once — no switching apps or upload required. Whether it’s training new teammates or replying to a customer inquiry, Loom enhances the way people communicate at work by allowing them to send the next best thing to being there. Loom is a horizontal tool and has unique challenges within the work communication landscape:
Loom is for colleagues and customers. Loom is a tool that anyone at work can benefit from, so we make product decisions with all types of people in mind. We build our product so that it remains clear, intuitive, and inclusive of all of our users' needs.
Loom is video recording, simplified. Video is known to be more effective than text, yet so many video products make recording an intimidating and confusing experience. We constantly strive to make recording videos an accessible and effortless experience.
Loom provides a human touch. How do we build out an online communication platform that still feels personal? Loom allows people to bring their authentic selves to asynchronous communication. As we grow, we design for people to continue to bring every aspect of their bright, expressive, human selves with our product.
Our design team loves creating meaningful and authentic product experiences. We're a flexible and collaborative team guided by data, feedback, and a user-centered approach to our process. Loom is an inherently viral video recording and sharing product and we are growing every day, so this role requires a certain level of flexibility. We are looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and who is not afraid of a challenge 🌟
* Design easy-to-use, delightful user experiences that use customer data, analytics and feedback to drive business priorities
* Maintain high-level product and roadmap awareness to guide Design decisions, cohesiveness and timeline accuracy
* Execute end-to-end design efforts across web and desktop, from conception with stakeholders to final implementation with engineering.
* Balance working on multiple projects at once, applying yourself to a variety of contexts in parallel.
* Include a variety of perspectives into the design process. Leveraging the diverse talent and knowledge in the office to elevate your work and the product.
* Utilize a wide gamut of methodologies to effectively communicate product and designs ideas.
* Attention to detail with engineering implementation, and the ability to integrate into engineering and QA processes to ensure high quality execution.
* Research other offerings in the SaaS (Software as a Service) & Video space to best understand industry trends.
* Promote and evangelize best practices, design tooling, with a mentality for efficiency and simplicity.
* Contribute to a positive and empowering company culture
* Demonstrated success, experienced with 5+ years in interface and user experience design at a consumer or SaaS internet company.
* You take pride in designing simple, human-centered experiences that appeal to a broad audience. Balancing design forward thinking with approachability.
* You are empathetic, and can intuit how users will feel. You enjoy creating delight.
* You are excited to showcase your designs, and engage with the design community.
* Must have experience with Figma, Principle, and Adobe Illustrator, and an interest in learning new tools as they become viable.
* Proven understanding and experience with user research, interface design, interaction design, and prototyping.
* Experience designing for consumerized SaaS products and/or subscription services.
* Worked with maintaining, adding to, or creating design systems.
* Experienced in conducting customer research and usability sessions.
* Proven track record in working closely with Product Managers to develop and refine product requirements, creating solutions, and getting buy-in from stakeholders.
* Proven track record in translating high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, and transforming them into beautiful, intuitive and functional designs.
* Excited and knowledgeable about the technical capacities and differences between Web & Desktop products
The Good Stuff
--Work with a driven, welcoming team at a company that is changing how people communicate every single day.
--Yearly retreat with the team (last year we went to Mexico! 🏝)
--Open PTO Policy
--Shiny new Apple computer & budget for home office equipment
🌈 Loom is an equal opportunity employer.
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences.
We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-b...
Loom is a new kind of work communication tool that helps people get their messages across through instantly shareable videos.
With Loom, you can capture your screen, record your front-facing camera, and narrate your video all at once — no switching apps or upload required. Whether it’s training new teammates or replying to a customer inquiry, Loom enhances the way people communicate at work by allowing them to send the next best thing to being there.
Founded in 2016, Loom has hundreds of thousands of active users and is backed by Point Nine Capital, General Catalyst, and the Slack Fund.