UrbanStems is looking to hire a talented product designer to join our Washington, DC team. As a product designer, you'll collaborate closely with engineering, marketing and the rest of the design team to come up with new product concepts and create a fun, seamless gifting experience.
What You’ll Do
• Collaborate closely with product management and engineering to take design concepts from ideation through to user validation.
• Develop storyboards, wireframes, user flows and prototypes that explain your design thinking.
• Work towards creating the best user experience for our product by designing meaningful interactions and beautiful user interfaces.
• Participate in the planning process to help set product strategy both long-term and short-term.
• Contribute to design/style guidelines for our product and brand to ensure consistency across all platforms.
• Help instill a design culture in the company as a whole.
• We’re a startup — when it comes down to it, you’re able to roll up your sleeves and contribute wherever needed.
What You’ll Bring
• 3+ years of experience designing and shipping web/mobile products
• A strong portfolio with a focus on cross-platform design
• Experience designing for systems (UI style guides, pattern libraries)
• Comfortable with A/B testing and working with analytics data to make design decisions
• Proficiency with industry standard design tools including the Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch
• HTML/CSS knowledge and experience building interactive prototypes
• Ability to strongly communicate your ideas and explain the decisions behind your designs
We believe happy employees makes for happy customers. What makes us happy? Things like:
• Flowers on your desk and in your home whenever you want!
• Being around some of the smartest and kindest people you’ll ever meet
• Unlimited/Open vacation policy
• Medical, dental & vision insurance
• Happiness fund
• Stock options
Apply either through the link below or by sending an email along with a link to your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line: Product Designer.
You can’t buy happiness, but you can send flowers, and that’s pretty much the same thing. That’s why we created UrbanStems – to make it easy, affordable and fun to make someone’s day (or your own) with stunning bouquets & gifts. We’re in the business of inspiring delight in our team, our customers, and our community, and every decision we make stems from our ultimate goal: to make the world a happier place.