Unacademy is India’s largest free education initiative. We believe in making high quality educational videos available for free for everyone. Having the world’s entire education on our platform in all languages is our goal. Unacademy’s vision to have best explanation of every educational topic in all languages.
We are building a platform for consumption of these videos and we need a super smart Android developer to develop our app. Unacademy sees almost 1 million video views a month on it's YouTube channel and has more than 150,000 subscribers, one of the top educational channels in the country.
+ Design and Develop Unacademy's Android app from scratch
+ Regularly brainstorm and improve the app, come up with features and take ownership of the product
+ Minimum product dev experience of 1-2+ years in web/mobile startups with expertise in designing and implementing high performance mobile applications.
+ You can take ownership of the product, build it from scratch, test and release it and then finally keep a tab and push changes rapidly.
- Thorough knowledge of Android APIs and platform capabilities (location based capabilities within apps)
- Working knowledge of the mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Experience with version control repositories such as CVS/Subversion and Git
- Experience with Android Studio, Gradle and Continuous Integration platforms like Jenkins
- Experience with Compilers, Languages, Operating Systems
- Open Source Contributors, and people who are active on open source communities like Stack Exchange.
- Have published one or more apps in the Play Store
- Complete knowledge of app testing, releasing and handling support tickets
- Handling push notifications from servers to Android app
Unacademy.in is India's largest free learning platform. We empower to create high quality courses, and enable students to take these courses. More than 100 educators have created courses on Unacademy.in
Come be a part of our team.