Ubiquity6 is working on some of the hardest challenges in computer vision and augmented reality to bring the Internet into the physical world. Ubiquity6 was founded in 2017 by alums of Stanford, Metamind, Facebook, Tesla and Twitter, and is backed by First Round Capital, Gradient Ventures (Google), A&E Networks and Kleiner Perkins.
The 3D Generalist position is responsible for producing a variety of heavily styled 3D CG elements for integration into realtime mobile AR experiences. The role requires a true generalist who is comfortable moving all the way from sketches to performant rigged characters in engine.
A seasoned professional is not necessary for this position, but they would not be turned away. The main requirement is a passion for solving design problems within an art context, coming up with interesting ways to make a lot of assets very quickly, and being comfortable working within a unique and specific style. The right candidate will bring their personality to this position and use their style to elevate ours.
The team is small, and this is a huge opportunity to have a big impact on the most prominent visual elements at Ubiquity6. If you are looking for a fun challenge and fit the requirements below, please apply!
- Demonstrated personal or professional experience producing 3D CG assets from pencil sketch to animated character / prop etc.
- Experience building organic as well as hard surface elements.
- Experience with Blender, Maya or Cinema4D (preferred) as your primary authoring tool.
- Experience unwrapping and painting organic geometry.
- Comfortable responding to notes in a collaborative environment.
Nice to Have:
- Shader development experience.
- A passion for highly styled elements with toon or “pop” aesthetics.
- An understanding of realtime mobile performance budgets and their implications.
We use computer vision to enable massively multiplayer, persistent AR experiences on top of the physical world.