Ubiquity6 is working on some of the most compelling challenges in computer vision and augmented reality. Our mission is to bring people together in physical spaces by building a platform to enable persistent, massively shared augmented reality experiences. Ubiquity6 was founded in 2017 and has raised $37.5M from Benchmark, Index Ventures, First Round Capital, Kleiner Perkins Caufield Byers, and Google’s Gradient Ventures. Ubiquity6 is committed to recruiting, developing and retaining the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We have an inclusive workplace that supports the diverse cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, skills, and experiences of every team member.
The infrastructure underpinning our efforts to map the world and make it editable is highly data-intensive. As an infrastructure engineer you are responsible for designing and building infrastructure components that are reliable at scale. You're not afraid of wrangling a malfunctioning system under pressure but you also understand the cost of pager pain from personal experience and work tirelessly to reduce operations costs instinctively. You're a team player because you know that the big problems worth solving can't be solved alone.
Ubiquity6 infrastructure is a devops-oriented team that invests continuously in automation and observability. We understand that high-performing teams are happy teams. Our systems are typically real-time or streaming-oriented, we value rigorous software engineering, high quality, fast execution, and teamwork.
To thrive on the team you should:
* Have good intuition for the tradeoffs that need to happen every day to balance execution speed and code quality.
* Be supportive and generous. You understand that a high functioning team means helping everyone around you level up.
* Be comfortable taking risks. You know that hard problems don't always have easy or simple solutions.
The sort of technical skills we're looking for include:
* Distributed systems experience. Retries and backoffs, circuit breakers, consistency models, consensus protocols, and replicated state machines have played a role in systems you've built at one time or another.
* Experience building backend systems with AWS, GCP, Azure, or etc.
* Experience building streaming processing systems and data pipelines and working with scalable pub-sub systems like Kafka, Kinesis, or Pulsar.
* Have successfully built reasonably sophisticated infrastructure software components on a modern backend platform like Java, Scala, NodeJS, or Go.
* Experience building large-scale analytic query infrastructure, caching systems, or distributed databases.
* Experience scaling machine learning or computer vision infrastructure.
* Experience operating high-performance infrastructure at scale, including experience debugging production systems.
Ubiquity6 is committed to recruiting, developing and retaining the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We have an inclusive workplace that supports the diverse cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, skills, and experiences of every team member. Women, minorities, queer candidates, candidates with physical or cognitive disabilities, and candidates with non-traditional backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. If you are talented, passionate, and excited about building the spatial internet and a shared reality, please apply!
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com
We use computer vision to enable massively multiplayer, persistent AR experiences on top of the physical world.