- You can opt out of any deal without penalty
- Don't expect many updates
- Early stage investing is inherently illiquid and risky: diversify across a portfolio and be prepared to lose all of your investment without complaint
- I would prefer to share syndicate deals only with my backers (deals won't be publicly viewable, unless the entrepreneur desires that)
Supportive backers will get priority access in deals. I will make an effort to share deals with investors in the following order. If a company wants to keep the deal quiet, if the deal fills quickly, or if there is otherwise a reason to exclude some investors from the opportunity, the following guidelines will be used. Being a backer does not guarantee you access to all deals.
- Backers that can be very strategically valuable & Backers that have been helpful or supportive of previous deals (at my discretion)
- Backers that have backed >50% of my deals they've been invited to, Backers that have been invited to fewer than 2 deals, and backers that have invested at least $50k into one of my deals
- All syndicate backers
Note: Backers who are potentially competitive with the company (at my discretion) may be blocked.
I will make an effort to remove backers who I believe to be not supportive investors (at my discretion). Any one suspected of sharing information, bothering the founders, or doing similarly bad-faith things will be removed from the syndicate.
- I will try to share (best effort) any deal where I have at least a $100K allocation.
- I will try to syndicate (best effort) both new deals and follow-on investments.