There's been a massive shift in television over the past several years, both in quality of content and the way we all consume it. TV Time is at the center of this transformation. Our product enables well over two million active users all over the world to track, discover and discuss their favorite shows, no matter what, when or how they’re watching. It has quickly become the go-to product for cord cutters, streamers, bingers and premium subscribers alike to organize and connect around their passion for television.
In addition to providing a valuable service to fans, TV Time is building an immense data business. The behavioral and sentiment information we collect has become invaluable to content producers, networks and advertisers. Our billions of first-party insights allow them to discover insights and trends they can’t from any other source, which is driving strategic decisions across their businesses.
Are you the sort of person who can discuss your favorite TV shows for hours? Do you have the passion to be a part of a small, well-funded team that’s building something monumental? If so, you just might have found what you’re looking for.
We are a mobile and data company with a diverse set of infrastructure requirements. Our tech stack ranges from supporting mobile apps to data-intensive AI. As a Senior DevOps Engineer at TV Time you will be working in both traditional DevOps as well as the burgeoning field of DataOps. This means that your week to week duties range from improving the logging, scalability, and reliability of our mobile app to ensuring proper rollout and monitoring of our machine learning algorithms.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Maintain and service the existing infrastructure that serves the TV Time including working with computing infrastructure like AWS ECS, Lambda, Elastic Beanstalk as well as other critical systems like RDS, DynamoDB, VPC’s, and various scheduling services.
- Setup and continuously improve the logging, reporting, and scalability of our microservice architecture
- Monitor the data streaming and machine learning systems by working closely with data engineers and data scientists
- Design and implement robust cloud systems architectures to maximize the mobile and data teams to deliver value and IP to the company.
WHAT WILL YOU NEED?
- An ability to formulate a clear vision of systems architecture and plan as well as self-manage executing that plan
- Background in automated build systems, continuous integration, and automated testing frameworks
- Interpersonal skills with software engineers, data engineers, and analysts to ensure proper systems are being created/maintained as well as proper alerting to ensure systems/pipeline/data failures get caught early
- Experience with monitoring systems and logging, e.g., AWS Cloudwatch, New Relic, Logentries, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of AWS (including network/cloud security and credential management) with knowledge about other cloud providers desirable
- Deep understanding of container/serverless frameworks, e.g., Kubernetes, ECS, Lambda
- Experience in data pipeline technologies and deployment a bonus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
TV Time is the world’s largest TV tracking app providing insights for today’s television landscape. Every day, more than a million people use TV Time to keep track of the shows they’re watching, discover what to watch next and engage in a global community of more than 13 million registered users. From these billions of first-party data points, TV Time provides insights to media companies and advertisers to help them better understand their audiences, uncover emerging trends and make strategic decisions across their businesses. The TV Time community has tracked more than 10 billion episodes of television and users check into the app more than 43 million times per month. For more information, visit: www.tvtime.com