As a team member I...
◆ Reduce chaos by clarifying objectives and aligning people around our most critical priorities.
◆ Multiply results by creating breakthrough strategies and managing programs that help teams produce.
◆ Grow fans by championing customer-loved brand and product experiences.
I'm best known for helping teams create radically-practical solutions for their most frustrating challenges - then doing whatever it takes to get the job done despite obstacles, conventional wisdom, and naysayers. I've led teams (3-50+ members), speak both engineer and human, and have literally earned a medal for my problem-solving skills.
• Built people-focused processes that helped 20+ teams manage their time, services, and customers with fewer resources and less stress
• Managed the daily operations and team of a bootstrapped startup that was profitably acquired within 3 years
• Helped exhausted leadership teams discover solutions to "impossible" challenges and excitement around new possibilities
• Created communication strategies, brand media, and pitch decks for over 30 teams/products
• Coached leaders, mentored junior professionals, and advised founders from diverse business sectors including SaaS, SciTech, and healthcare
Sr Program Manager, Strategic Events (c)
2018 - 2019 (3 months)
• Helped events team identify and manage over 200 website improvement tasks. (short contract)
Founder, Program Manager, Communication Products
1999 - 2009 (over 9 years)
• Solved clients' complex challenges by implementing unconventional strategies such as coding a site so 5 teams could share content responsibilities and directing a video...more reenactment that disproved a witness's claims in a trial
• Led remote teams that designed and produced 100+ sales sheets, 40+ posters, 30+ online ads, and print ads viewed by thousands of strategic partners, over 200,000 magazine subscribers, and millions of event attendees
• Earned the Army Commendation Medal for helping a technical team overcome a series of obstacles by creating a solution that capitalized on proprietary software and the unique...more skills of individual team members
• Developed a system that substantially improved our team's closing rate while simultaneously making it more efficient to create, update, and repurpose extremely limited resources